Senior Environmental Chemist / Executive Management Tract Position
Environmental Standards, Inc., a leader in developing innovative solutions to client environmental liabilities, has a Senior Environmental Chemist (non-laboratory) position available at our Valley Forge, PA office. Since our inception in 1987, we have enjoyed long-term relationships with Fortune 500 companies and continue to provide high-quality environmental chemistry consulting services using emerging science and technologies.
This is a unique management tract opportunity to further develop, implement, and support the firm’s successful environmental chemistry consulting practice in our Valley Forge, PA office. The ideal candidate must be interested in learning about managing and participating in the firm’s existing environmental chemistry practice and participate in actively soliciting new clients/projects.
The following responsibilities are associated with this position depending upon the amount of prior experience:
- Perform review and validation of US EPA organic and inorganic analytical data
- Conduct audits and operational reviews of the practices and procedures performed at industrial and environmental laboratories
- Write proposals for new projects and reports for chemistry quality assurance services.
- Prepare Quality Assurance Project Plans
- Perform project management
- Serve as a technical resource for other chemists
- Mentor other chemists in a supervisory capacity
- Perform senior technical review or peer review of data validation reports and other non-validation chemistry reports
- Actively engage in marketing and sales activities to bring in new clients
- Publish papers and deliver presentations pertinent to client interests annually at national or regional conferences
- Travel for client meetings and engagements, laboratory audits, and presentations at conferences/seminars, with some overnight stays required
The following qualifications are required:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Chemistry
- Must have a minimum of 10 years environmental consulting experience
- Must have demonstrated sales skills in environmental chemistry consulting
- Experience in reviewing and validating US EPA organic and inorganic analytical data as an independent consultant
- Strong knowledge of US EPA and other environmental analytical methods
- Experience with analytical instrumentation
- Prior project management experience
- Prior supervisory and mentoring experience
- Prior experience performing senior technical review
- Availability for frequent overnight travel for technical and sales activities
- Demonstrated environmental consulting presentation and sales capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- MS or PhD degree in Chemistry
- Environmental laboratory experience in GC/MS, GC, ICP, HPLC
- Familiarity with the US EPA methods for the preparation and analysis of environmental samples
- On-site auditing experience at environmental laboratories and familiarity with NELAC requirements
- Broad familiarity with quality assurance project plan preparation and other elements of environmental data quality management
- Experience with project management
- Sales and presentation skills to further develop the firm’s environmental consulting services client base – a “Seller/Doer” or someone interested in becoming a “Seller/Doer”
This position offers the following competitive benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) retirement plan with 30% company match
- LT/ST disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Tuition reimbursement
No phone calls, please.
We are a 100-person firm located in an attractive office building and enjoy a relaxed working environment. Environmental Standards is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by e-mail, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in Environmental Standards.
Environmental Standards does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Environmental Standards employees, or any other company location. Environmental Standards is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.