Get new similar jobs by email for
We are seeking an Epidemiologist with an interest or background in drug abuse or disease surveillance to join our Health Analytics Department. This position will assist the Senior Director for Observational Epidemiology to plan, design and conduct surveillance reporting for commercial clients as part of Inflexxion’s NAVIPPRO program (a nationally-based public health surveillance system for monitoring trends in prescription drug abuse). The epidemiologist will be responsible for conducting descriptive and multivariate analyses of surveillance data to identify patterns and trends in drug abuse as well as providing technical guidance and coordination of work of epidemiologists and research assistants on the NAVIPPRO reporting team. The ideal candidate should have a master degree (or a PhD) in epidemiology or public health with demonstrated skills and experience in data analysis, survey methodology, interpretation and reporting of public health trends.
· Collaborate with Senior Director of Observational Epidemiology on the methodology and approach used for commercial client reporting, surveys, and other selected research projects related to NAVIPPRO as assigned.
· Conduct descriptive and multivariate analyses of surveillance data related to substance use/abuse and other health outcomes from Inflexxion’s proprietary and national databases.
· Analyze data from multiple sources with the goal of identifying patterns and trends within defined populations.
· Prepare and review surveillance reports, analytical data, and other scientific reports on surveillance regarding substance abuse.
· Provide technical guidance on and coordination of work of other epidemiologists and research assistants on the NAVIPPRO reporting team.
· Provide high-level review of surveillance and other scientific reports for data accuracy and validity of interpretation/conclusions.
· Prepare presentations and interface with customers regarding surveillance report content and deliverables as required.
· Collaborate with other Inflexxion departments to assist with development and maintenance of Inflexxion databases, identify gaps in data collection, and ensure data quality to meet surveillance needs.
· Assist the Senior Director and account managers on specification of timelines and deliverables during contracting.
· Contribute to development of scientific abstracts, posters and manuscripts and attend and present at professional conferences as required.
· Master (MS/MPH) degree with 5 or more years of experience or PhD in applied epidemiology, public health or related discipline or other experience conducting public health research.
· Ability to apply epidemiologic theory, principles, and practice to the analysis and synthesis of surveillance, survey and statistical data to inform and/or evaluate public health patterns and trends.
· Ability to identify the need for further investigation or other public health action from assessment of current data.
· Proficient in SAS and/or SPSS coding and the analysis of data utilizing statistical software.
· Sound understanding of collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
· Understanding of application and conduct of statistical methods (e.g., univariate and multivariate regression, stratified analyses).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Inflexxion is a unique healthcare information technology company that offers:
World-class subject matter experts focused on addictions, behavioral health, and chronic pain, which are expensive and difficult to treat areas that permeate all of healthcare.
Research and Development (R&D) using scientific and information technological expertise and National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding to design, develop, and test innovative strategies to solve difficult health problems.
This fusion allows Inflexxion to develop evidence-based Software as a Service (SaaS) products designed to collect information in real-time at the clinical setting. These collection tools upload HIPPA-Compliant data, in aggregate form and de-identified to Inflexxion’s secured servers. Inflexxion researchers analyze the data to solve problems that reduce health-related risks, enhance clinical outcomes, and positively influence quality of care. Inflexxion’s products offer solutions in both clinical and regulatory environments.