Well-established Restoration and Reconstruction Company seeks a self-motivated individual to fulfill a key position within the Estimating team. Below is an outline of what we are looking for in an Estimator. If this sounds like you, we are interested in hearing from you!
The following are primary functions of an Estimator within our organization:
- Ensure that sales and gross profit goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain detailed quantities and accurate cost standards for the use in developing cost estimates for all projects Hays & Sons may pursue.
- Solicit, promote and safeguard satisfactory and profitable long term relationships with the customers of Hays and Sons.
- Act as an administrator and coordinator to provide the necessary planning, organization, direction and control to meet assigned sales and estimating goals.
Must be able to work with people, negotiate, analyze problems and translate company goals into actions necessary to achieve the goals. Must possess the ability to work closely with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, area contractors, owners, suppliers and other outside professionals with whom the company deals with on a regular basis. Must have knowledge of Xactimate and other estimating techniques and programs pertinent to the position.
- Responsible for the accurate development of material take offs from the prints and specifications or design and develop specifications from field inspections.
- Responsible for the accurate development of equipment use take offs from the prints and specifications or design and develop specifications from data developed from field inspections.
- Responsible for the accurate development of labor cost take offs necessary for performing the installation of materials, equipment use and other labor functions as put forward in the plans and specifications or design and develop specifications from field inspections.
- Responsible for the accurate development of subcontractor take offs from the prints and specifications or design and develop specifications from data as developed in the take-off process.
- Where appropriate, develop prices with the Xactimate ensuring the optimal margins through material breakouts and other methods designed to optimize profitability.
- Ensures that all pertinent information is loaded in Xactimate and other required programs to include photos, inspection notes and other job related information.
- Ensures the quality servicing of Adjusters and customers by monitoring key indicators and reports as well as frequent and random contacts with Adjusters and customers.
- Ensures the quality servicing of Adjusters and customers by personal involvement.
- Where deemed necessary, "shop" material specifications with various manufacturers and/or suppliers for best prices.
- Responsible for the development of cost estimates within the time frame as assigned by the due dates from the Lead Estimator.
- Assist Project Managers in the development of Budgets, Change Orders and other items pertinent to assigned jobs.
- Where necessary, perform minor engineering and specification writing connected with estimates and change orders or to clarify field problems as long as they do not deviate from the agreed upon scope.
- Reviews Job Cost Summary Reports and evaluates the profitability of all completed jobs. Undertakes corrective actions as required.
- Monitors competitive activity in the market and identifies new competition and/or changes in competitor’s activities.