Get new similar jobs by email for
Executive Chef / Kitchen Manag...
Responsible for efficient and profitable day-to-day management of all kitchen operations of the venue, and directly supervises Assistant Kitchen Managers and BOH staff membersthroughout their respective areas and ensures positive performance to budget and standards by performing the following duties:
· Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all kitchen related products.
· Ensures and enforces a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, training and safety practices.
· Conducts meetings with staff at regular intervals, and efficiently address staff member questions/concerns as they arise.
· Responsible for labor control and assigning duties to supervisors and staff members.
· Accountable for the timely completion of all annual salaried and hourly performance reviews.
· Responsible for coaching, counseling, developing and directing staff members.
· Ensures accurate completion of staff member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
· Anticipates and recommends employment needs.
· Coordinates catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
· Responsible for quality of products, and waste prevention.
· Assists General Manager in all facets of BOH operations to include financial, forecasting, and recruiting.
· Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
· Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
· Ability to calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
· Ability to forecast Labor Cost based on historical data and trends.
· Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
· Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Heads and moves with a sense of urgency.
· Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
· Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts
· Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
· Good judgment and decision making abilities
· Three or more years of experience in a supervisory capacity within a high volume food and beverage environment required
· Ability to supervise multiple levels of culinary workers
· High school degree or GED required
· Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
· ACF certification or appropriate program or equivalent required
· Certified Professional Food Manager Certification required
· Health permit/food safety and Alcohol Awareness. Staff Member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment subject to local laws
Margaritaville is the leading and most recognizable "escapism lifestyle" brand in the United States. Established more than 25 years ago, this authentic tropical concept has been successfully extended into restaurants, retail, consumer goods, hotels, casino, and radio.
Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, whose evocative songs inspire a cross generational yearning for an island adventure; Margaritaville transports its guest to an island state of mind, regardless of their current latitude or cultural reference point.
People from all over the world visit Margaritaville every day in search of a distinctive dining, entertainment, and shopping destination. Our Margaritaville team is the representation of the Margaritaville Lifestyle pursued by millions and is the key to creating the Margaritaville Experience for our guests.
Due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates of interest will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer