Get new similar jobs by email for
Family Medicine Residency Facu...
The NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program is an exceptional partnership of New York Medical College, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center and Open Door Family Medical Centers. Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the program is an innovative, forward-thinking 3-year residency in family medicine. The NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program was the first accredited Family Medicine residency program in New York State to be established since 1995 with a mission to help address the great shortage of primary care, and particulary, family physicians. This extraordinary partnership of New York Medical College, Phelps and Open Door has integrated many of the most forward-thinking insights and clinical advances into the core curriculum. For additional information, please visit www.nymcphelpsresidency.org
Open Door Family Medical Centers has been serving low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care in the communities of Westchester and Putnam counties for more than 40 years, providing high quality primary health care and human services at affordable prices. Open Door’s nationally renowned Community Health Center sites, mobile dentistry units, school-based health programs, and its family practice and dental residency training programs, deliver exceptional value to both patients and the communities it serves, dedicated to engaging men, women and children in healthier lifestyles and creating healthier communities. Open Door believes that healthcare is a right, not a privilege, with primary care to be affordable and delivered cost-effectively. For additional information, please, visitwww.opendoormedical.org
The NYMC Phelps Family residency Program is seeking a Family Medicine Residency Faculty Physician to join the team in Sleepy Hollow, NY. The faculty member will report to the program director. Sleepy Hollow and its surrounding communities are located just North of New York City and offer excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities, and superb transportation connections to New York City.
· Teach and supervise residents, medical students and other staff
· Perform the role of a learner advisor and mentor
· Provide direct patient care in an exemplary fashion in both inpatient and outpatient settings
· Participate in faculty development
· Design and implement curriculum, including delivering didactic lectures
· Provide evaluation and feedback to residents, students, peers, staff and the program
· Participate in residency conferences
· Share on-call responsibilities at the Family Medical Center and in the hospital
· Serve on residency, hospital and Open Door committees
· Supervise resident scholarly activity and research
· Assist in maintaining educational and program management liaisons with the medical community, community agencies, educational institutions and teaching sites
· Assist with the recruitment, interviewing, selecting and ranking of prospective faculty and residents
· A genuine desire to teach and encourage developing physicians, care for the underserved and be an advocate for Family Medicine
· Experience in education and training, which may include medical student teaching or chief resident responsibilities, or other professional relevant teaching activities in the field of family medicine
· Teaching and administrative experience in a family medicine residency program are highly desirable. Additional preparatory instruction (e.g. National Institute for Program Director Development or Physician in Management series) is highly valued
· Highly effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
· Current, valid, unrestricted medical license to practice medicine in the State of New York
· Current certification as a Diplomat of the American Board of Family Medicine or equivalent credentials
· Current / Valid DEA certificate
· Current / Valid driver’s license
· Active membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at the NYMC Phelps Residency Program at Open Door Family Medical Centers. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands of residents of Westchester and Putnam counties, the residency program offers its employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and 401(k), generous paid time off, and educational assistance. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary (not currently in effect).
At the NYMC Phelps Residency Program, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient- and resident-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values innovation and partnership.
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of residents and thereby also the lives of thousands of patients and the health of Westchester and Putnam counties, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to improve the health of our communities, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the program director: firstname.lastname@example.org Please, include Family Medicine Residency Faculty Physician in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Phelps and Open Door are an Equal Opportunity Employers.
Date Posted: July 10, 2014