Get new similar jobs by email for
Fast-Paced Office Assistant / ...
Office Assistant / Executive Assistant / Administrative Assistant
Westlake Village, CA
Compensation: Salary, Health Benefits
About the Company:
Skyrocket Ventures is a rapidly expanding recruiting firm for high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. At Skyrocket Ventures, we aim to bring the best companies and candidates together.
We are rapidly growing, with a casual, fun (yet hard-working), team-oriented, fast-paced environment. We are looking for a versatile person to help us with a variety of office duties in order to make our company run more smoothly and successfully!
Not all experience necessary; training provided
Please read this section carefully. Compared to some other Assistant jobs you may see, this job is more fast-paced with an emphasis on making many phone calls, plus a variety of errands and random tasks mixed in. We are a small company, so there is less of an emphasis and need for much time spent on organization, paperwork, etc. The more frequent the task, the more the ability to do that task is valued in a candidate. For example, it is required that the right candidate can do tasks in the "Always" section, but it is only "nice to have" and not a requirement that the candidate can do tasks in the "Rare" section. The approximate frequency for each type of task is listed below:
* Pleasantly and persistently getting ahold of clients/customers – you will be expected to make at least 50-100 phone calls per day
* Answering, screening, routing all phone calls
* Filing, typing, scanning, copying, printing, organizing files, etc.
* Running errands (must have a car)
* Company shopping
* Assisting CEO and personnel with any other duties required
* Conducting research and data entry of information on clients/customers
* Developing relationships with new clients/customers (email, phone)
On rare occasions:
* Conducting basic training to employees
* Light cleaning (for example, clean out refrigerator every week)
* Interfacing with and negotiating with vendors when needed
* Doing basic accounting/book keeping with Quickbooks Software
* Generating invoices, reports, memos, financial statements, etc.
* Getting help from technical support when something breaks (printer, internet, etc.)
* Maintaining company personnel files
* Taking the minutes/notes at meetings periodically (on average once per month)
* Event planning (company outings, parties, etc.)
* Arranging occasional trips for employees
* Collecting money from clients who are past due
* Salary, Health Benefits
* Casual, fun work environment, cool people, dynamic culture
* Professional and personal growth
* Positive, optimistic, can-do attitude
* Friendly, pleasant, kind, helpful personality
* Excellent verbal and written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to be in contact off hours for anything urgent
* A valid driver’s license and car for running errands
* Honesty, trustworthiness, dependability
* Ability to maintain sensitive data in a confidential manner
* Dedication and focus, strong work ethic
* Ability to work with or without direction
* Computer proficiency (typing, emailing, web browsing, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
* Multi-tasking skills, organizational, time/decision management skills
* Attention to detail
* Focus on not only keeping up, but moving forward.
* Ability to travel (on rare occasions).
* Ability to pass a background and reference check
* Basic accounting / book keeping skills, proficiency with Quickbooks Software
* Ability to emulate the style, philosophy, and persona of the company
* Human Resources knowledge/skills
* Ability to help facilitate and be a catalyst for the rapid growth of the company
* Ability to find something productive to do in the absence of direction
* Initiative to conceive and implement new ideas to improve the success of the company.