Get new similar jobs by email for
Field Engineer/Senior Field En...
|Emerson Company||Power & Water Solutions|
|Publish Start Date||Apr 10 2014|
|Job Level||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Job DescriptionThe primary role of the field engineer candidate is to provide for the successful installation, commissioning and servicing of Ovation Distributed Control Systems.
Assignments may include, but are not limited to:
• Start-up and DCS commissioning at customer sites
• Securing proper grounding techniques
• Loading application software and operating systems
• Identify and implement control strategies for process control improvements
• Tuning and optimization of PID controllers and control schemes
• Verification and functional testing of I/O interfaces to field devices
• Site project documentation and scheduling
• Compliance with internal and customer safety and security requirements
• Troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision making, and planning skills
• Participate as a team project member to support US Regional Operations
The successful candidate will reside within the immediate Kansas City area.
Job RequirementsEducational Requirements:
• BSEE, BSME, BSCHE, BS Comp Engineering, BS Comp Science or equivalent and
minimum of six years related experience
Experience should include any of the following:
• Knowledge and experience with Boiler and Turbine control applications
• Working experience with field transmitters, sensors and control valves
• Knowledge or working experience with Modulation and Digital controls
• Awareness and experience with process tuning using DCS controllers
• Familiarity with ISA and SAMA logic symbols, Process & Instrument Diagrams
• Self-motivated, driven and committed to exceed customer expectations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to details a must
• Travel: 80% - 85%
Additional Company InformationEmerson Process Management Power & Water Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex race, color, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, disability or protected Veteran status.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which Emerson Process Management Power & Water Solutions will provide sponsorship