Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION: Required to lead the plant level commercialization of projects that could be new product introduction, product or package renovation, productivity or strategy. This individual leads the planning and implementation as well as communication aspects of the project between the plant and headquarters. Integral to the position is strong communication, flawless project management skills, ensuring best in class solutions for maintaining optimal supply chain cost, efficiencies and service, coupled with cost savings initiatives and technology improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead the identification of project team members and secure their membership in the team.
• Lead the kick-off team meeting for a project to establish the project mission, scope, critical success factors and timing.
• Follow effective project management protocols, including facilitating meetings, keeping action registers and updating time lines.
• Liaison between HQ Brand, R&D, and Marketing groups to the Supply Chain at the Plant.
• Work with plant to assure all aspects of Supply Chain are ready for successful project including start-up curve performance, project resourcing, balancing plant disruption costs with expediency of project execution, local training and process documentation completion, coordinating maintenance requirements, etc.
• Lead the identification of project metrics to track and gauge success.
• Lead the development of project risks and mitigation strategies.
• Communicate project problems and solutions when required.
• Manage the project budget.
• Provide project updates to stakeholders and senior leaders.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports. This position will require managing by motivating and influencing your cross-functional team members. Provides input on evaluation of team member effectiveness.
The candidate should have/be:
EDUCATION: B.S. in Project Management or Engineering preferred. Other technical degrees and experiences will be considered.
LOCATION: May have multi-plant responsibilities with projected travel between plants and to headquarters at 30 to 40%.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.