Get new similar jobs by email for
Field Safety Specialist
The main focus of this position will be the oversight of safety at our various jobsites. This is a FIELD position. Not a corporate safety position.The position requires flexibility for travel and during our customer’s shut down periods this person will work long hours and possibility some holidays.
This position is responsible for the enforcing the company’s safety programs. This is NOT a Safety and Security position. You will be overseeing sub contractors making sure they are compliant with our safety.
We are looking for somone with that can help develop, implement, monitor, and manage safety programs, policies, and procedures. This person will ensure the organization complies with all current safety regulations. This is NOT an office position. You will be on the worksite most days. They will evaluate the organization's procedures, facilities, job sites, and equipment to identify unsafe conditions that need improvement. This person is also responsible for maintenance of safety and accident records.
· Determines safety status by conducting inspections at the job sites and in our production facility.
· Develops safety preparedness by developing and presenting safety training, including electrical, personal protective equipment, welding and cutting, trenching, evacuation, falls, lock-out and tag-out, machine guarding, hand tools, pressure vessels, water and wastewater operations, radiation, confined space entry; writing safety procedures; handling, storing, and disposing of hazardous materials, conducting safety orientations; maintaining a safety reference library; fulfilling requests for information; maintaining operator certification currency and records; evaluating new equipment proposals.
· Improves safety conditions by investigating accidents, injuries, and hazards; builds rapport with and supports investigating and monitoring agencies; serving as technical expert on safety committees; developing and recommending new safety and health policies.
· Assembles financial planning data by collecting, summarizing, and consolidating safety and health data; recommending expenditures.
· Prepares safety and hazard reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
· Updates job knowledge by tracking updates in Federal (especially Occupational Safety and Health Administration), state, and local safety and health regulations and guidelines; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Oversee safety issues and compliance during various shut downs which will involve long hours and some holiday work, as necessary.
· Travel to various jobsites, as necessary.
· Bachelors or Associates degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences, or in a related field is preferred.
· Must have 2 to 3 years of related field safety and/or plant safety experience. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! This is NOT an entry level job.
· Must have knowledge or training in the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and standards.
· Demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training.
· Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and relationships with senior management, customer and project/site management team.
· Ability to develop, implements, and coordinate comprehensive health and safety accident prevention programs.
· Working knowledge of OSHA Construction Standards
· Working Knowledge on how to develop, implements, and review Pre-Task Plans for the contractor and subcontractor.
· An average of at least 24 hours of safety training annually
· Competent Person Training for Fall protection
· Strong working knowledge of EHS business systems and compliance program requirements, emergency & evacuation procedures
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning, project management and program implementation
· Ability to apply business acumen to implement technical solutions with emphasis on cost/benefit
· Good understanding of the internal audit processes and generally accepted auditing standard
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing.)
· Ability to lead and direct teams and/or committees.
· Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Daifuku offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more.
If you're qualified and interested in this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements. Please note there is no relocation for this position.
Daifuku America Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. All resumes are held in confidence.
To learn more about Daifuku America Corporation we encourage you to visit our website