Get new similar jobs by email for
Field Service Engineer
Universal Air & Gas Products Corporation is a growing air and gas compressor, booster and vacuum system manufacturer. We also specialize in distribution, technical consulting and field services. We serve a local, national and international customer base. Markets we address included commercial & industrial air and gas systems; energy sector, including alternative fuels system, gas transmission, and cogeneration systems; high pressure breathing air (SCBA) systems for fire departments and military forces; pollution control. www.uapc.com
Job Title: Senior Field Service Engineer
Location: Norfolk, VA
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
This position will manage the field services division of UAPC, which will include field engineers, field technicians and administrative staff. The goal of this employee is to maintain all systems that are manufactured and installed in the field, while recommending ways to improve the manufactured product serviceability and reliability. Below is a list of duties, not in order of importance:
· The employee will be required to test and inspect systems prior to shipping from facility. Testing will be completed with project engineers in a collaborative problem solving manner.
· Maintenance contracts will be developed in conjunction with sales staff. Also technical review and costing analysis will be performed for the contracts.
· Training: Ongoing training will be planned and or administered by the employee for the benefit of all technical staff. The employees will periodically evaluation the capabilities of each technician and manage their improvement.
· Manage hiring and HR matters with field service staff.
· The employee will be required to visit client locations and perform field engineering consulting when more difficult problems arise. While on site, problem solving, customer relationship management, follow-up recommendations or deferred routine maintenance should be demonstrated / performed.
· Commissioning and training for clients systems will be required. This will include development of training guides and some technical writing. This will include custom troubleshooting development on a per client basis.
· Key service accounts would be handled by this position.
· Manage service related company resources and vehicles.
· Provides daily leadership, management and guidance to support staff.
· Works with design and production staff to improve product development.
· The employee must always consider safety for all employees and themselves first.
· Must be able to carry out multiple projects at one time.
· Produce and modify PLC programs using both Allen Bradley and Siemens based systems
Experience – 5-6 years of prior experience with managerial responsibilities in a service department with skilled technicians. The employee must have firsthand experience with troubleshooting mechanical and electrical and PLC related problems.
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is required, Mechanical or Electrical is preferred.
Skills & Expectations –
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
· Outstanding computer skills, including Word and Excel are essential.
· Business software experience with relational data bases, A/R, A/P, O/E, I/M is beneficial.
· Must be technically inclined with understanding how compression systems operate.
· The applicant must be able to work professionally in a fast paced office environment, serve a demanding customer base, maintain a friendly, cooperative demeanor, think, be a creative problem solver and take initiative and meet deadlines.
· Must have a good driving record with no DUI’s or reckless driving tickets.
· Current passport, valid and clear driving license required. We are a drug free workplace and testing is required.
· Excellent mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair skills are required. Prior compressor service experience is a benefit.
· Must be capable of obtaining military base passes where background checks are required.
The employee must meet certain physical demands to complete his or her job. While on the job the employee must be able to stand, walk, kneel, crouch or crawl, as well use hands and legs to perform the task. Lifting will also be required and the employee must be capable of lifting at least 75lbs.
The employee will work both in an office environment and in jobsite / shop areas. The time at each will approximately be 50/50; however specific jobs will determine time. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be required.
Work conditions will usually include both cold and hot environments and may require proper personal protection equipment.
· Growth opportunities with a rapidly growing organization
· Brand new facilities / offices
· 401k, paid medical, short and long term disability programs, paid vacation
If you are interested in applying with Universal Air & Gas Products, please provide the following; Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirements.