Get new similar jobs by email for
Responsible for accounting and recordkeeping functions including general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and cost accounting activities at the plant level.This position is also responsible for contributing to a safe work place and minimizing negative impacts by complying with the EHS policies, procedures, work instructions outlined in the EHSMS Training Assessment for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· SAP preferred or ERP experience with a major software provider required
· Budgeting, closings, general ledger, balance sheet reconciliations and forecasts on a monthly and annual basis.
· Familiar with SOX and internal controls
· Assist with internal and external audit requirements including Sarbanes Oxley.
· Responsible for general ledger administration; both local system and mapping/reporting in the corporate system.
· Cost accounting experience preferred including recording variances.
· Specifically responsible for general ledger administration of the North American Pistons Warehouse.
· Maintain overall knowledge of standard cost systems and monitor cost changes for current and new business.
· Responsible for all closing activities on a monthly and annual basis.
· Assist in administrative functions for company including; legal, insurance, treasury, banking, cash management, taxes (payroll, property, sales, and income), 401K plans, etc.
· Investigates and initiates accounting procedure and information system improvements.
· Knowledgeable of accounting databases including accounts payable and payroll systems.
· Ensures compliance with all EHSMS policies and procedures.
· Instructs on safe work practices and promotes safety consciousness while practicing safety procedures, enforcing policy regarding safety and making recommendations when needed.
· Sees that company policies and programs are effectively made known; cooperates and assists in the development of effective communications.
· Promotes a positive employer-employee relation.
· Maintains departmental efficiency regarding timeliness and quality of reports and procedural requirements.
· Maintains inter-departmental relationships of such a caliber as to promote confidence, integrity and cooperation.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to maneuver around plant machinery, work near moving mechanical parts and work in an environment with varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality system and has the authority to stop further work on non-conforming suspect product until the deficiency or conditions have been corrected.
· All employees will abide by their location’s EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. All employees will also understand all of the environmental aspects of his/her job. An employee should report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
· Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Seven to twelve years in an accounting function with automotive parts supplier experience preferred.
· Strong analytical, communication (written and oral), and organizational skills.
· Good interpersonal skills necessary to interface with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to lift, push, and/or pull up to 40 pounds occasionally.
· On a continuous basis must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to make occasional trips to manufacturing sites and customers by air and by automobile. Duration from one to four days.
· Able to be on call 24/7 for customer and manufacturing sites.
· Able and willing to work around fuel mixtures, moving parts, and electrical power.