Purpose of Position
The Financial Reporting and Internal Controls Manager is responsible for all aspects of the financial and SEC reporting for the Company. The position will oversee technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards. The Financial Reporting and Internal Controls Manager also supports and assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation, accurate reporting and filing of SEC periodic reports such as Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and Annual Report.
- Ensures compliance with all SEC, FASB and eventual IFRS rules and regulations.
- Develops and manages SEC filings related to XBRL reporting.
- Coordinates, directs, plans and executes the financial reporting component of the external audit.
- Conducts, supports and assists with the internal audit function
- Assesses and designs the initial implementation of SOX and transitions to ongoing procedures that maintain compliance with SOX requirements.
- Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC, FASB and eventual IFRS and prepare memorandums regarding the Company’s position and impact on the Company.
- Writes, implements and ensures effective and practical implementation of corporate policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- SOX and internal controls experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management and communication at all levels within an organization. Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Experience with financial and accounting reporting systems.
Education and Training
The Financial Reporting and Internal Controls Manager should possess a Master’s Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3+ years of experience in public accounting. CPA required.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for analyzing records.
This position may require travel on occasion for store audits or