Get new similar jobs by email for
FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER
Full Charge Bookkeeper
We are seeking a full-time accountant with heavy QuickBooks pro experience. The right candidate will have a solid work history. If you meet our qualifications, please respond with your resume, interview availability, and salary range. Full charge Bookkeeper skills will be considered.
Under direction of CEO, performs professional accounting work, including auditing, analyzing and verifying fiscal records and reports, preparing financial and statistical reports, providing information to appointed staff regarding accounting practices and procedures, and reconciling general ledger accounts; assists in preparing quarterly, annual, and mid-year budgets; prepares year-end audit reports and schedules; trains and provides technical advice to lower-level accounting personnel, and performs related work as required.
This professional-level Accountant works with a high degree of independence in performing accounting and financial reports. Successful performance of the work requires good knowledge of QUICKBOOKS pro, and accounting practices, and fiscal management. Responsibilities include monthly reports, revenue and expenditure accounts, the automated purchasing and financial reporting system and payroll activities.
• Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts; prepares monthly financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to departments.
• Analyzes and reconciles expenditure and revenue accounts, including trustee accounts and investment reports.
• Makes wire transfers and journal funding transfers and reconciles monthly bank statements.
• Monitors revenues and expenditures, ensuring data is recorded in the company’s financial accounting system.
• Calculates and prepares reimbursement billings and tracks receivables; reconciles monthly accounts receivable.
• Prepares audit schedules for external auditors and acts as a liaison between the company and auditors.
• Prepares and files annual financial statements for the CEO and appointed staff members
• Assists with the preparation of the quarterly, annual, and mid-year budgets.
• Assists with the fiscal year-end and fixed asset accounting.
• Provides training in the use of the computerized financial system and assists departmental personnel with budget questions, proper expenditure coding, document processing and other accounting related activities.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Degree from a four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, economics or a related field and one year of general fund accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.