Get new similar jobs by email for
General Counsel of the Bronx E...
The Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation, a Non-Profit, is seeking a General Counselto the President and Executive Director of the Bronx Empowerment Zone. Candidate should have a minimum of five years’ experience as member of the New York Bar as well as a deep, working knowledge of financial instruments.
· On a day to day basis, Counsel will serve as Executive Director of the Bronx Empowerment Zone.
· Counsel will prepare loan contracts on an as needed basis and prepare loan memorandums for consideration by the board of directors as well as program reports
· Counsel will also review loan portfolio on a monthly basis to insure payment and compliance.
· Counsel will serve as liaison with outside counsel contracted to work on collections and other matters deemed to be referred to outside counsel.
· Counsel will also serve as liaison and advocate for businesses in the Bronx as well as those interested in moving to the borough. Duties will include visits to Bronx businesses for due diligence purposes.
· Counsel will also serve as liaison to outside counsel
· Counsel will also assist in the preparation of all materials needed to present to the Empowerment Zone Board for approval of projects or pending dissolution of our current relationship with them.
· Counsel will become familiar with ALL incentives offered by the City and State of New York as well as the federal government that can be used to further attract businesses to the area.
· Provide technical assistance to small business clients in the areas of : financial services packaging; business plan development; coordination of services; licensing information; job fulfillment assistance; and real estate referrals; advocacy and contacts with city, state and federal agencies;
· Provide financial advice and answer inquiries related to Empowerment Zone financial services and products offered by the Empowerment Zone as well as the rest of BOEDC
· Develop business relationships that will result in generating and closing new EZ loans;
· Refer potential SBA 504 prospects to the BIC program;
· Refer new prospects to BOEDC’s Spring Board Loan Program, Environmental Revolving Loan Fund, Bronx County Loan Program, as well as other loan programs currently at BOEDC or later created
· The individual will also represent BOEDC or the Borough President at meetings with local Community Boards as assigned.
· He/she will assist in events held by BOEDC or its affiliates.
· He/she will monitor the loan portfolio quarterly for workforce compliance as well as monthly for contractual payments;
· Individual should be familiar with the preparation of contracts
General Counsel to BOEDC
· Counsel will perform duties assigned by the BOEDC President relating to strengthening ties with elected officials and financial institutions that will further support our goal towards supporting Bronx businesses and creating additional jobs in the Bronx.
· Counsel will review BOEDC contracts and insure compliance with the City and State as needed.
· Counsel will also attend meetings as requested by the President and will represent BOEDC as required at local events, BID meetings, and hearings related to the work of BOEDC
The position is a full time position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com