PURPOSE AND DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
The Recovery Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily production and performance of a recovery team. This candidate will also ensure that each collector meets monthly performance standards as well as complying with Fair Debt Practices Act and department policy and procedures.
EXAMPLE OF TASKS
- Reviews work and monitors phone calls of team members to verify adherence to Delbert Services Policies and Procedures.
- Analyzes queue and process management workflow to ensure production and performance goals are met.
- Handles escalated calls from team members and may initiate outbound calls when needed.
- Approves and reviews accounts within the working supervisor queue and other queues as assigned.
- Effectively communicates corporate and department objectives on a regular basis.
- Motivate and create a positive working environment to achieve productivity and performance standards.
- Participates in the panel interviews, prepares new hire documentation, facilitates associates orientation, and participates in the termination process (i.e., documents performance issues, recommends disciplinary actions).
- Drafts and administers performance improvement plans as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to negotiate while maintaining a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Accurately document all information pertaining to accounts.
- Strict compliance of all state and FDCPA standards and federal regulations regarding collection procedures.
- Interviewing techniques.
- Investigative techniques and processes.
- Use basic/business math to solve problems.
- Speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand information and ideas as presented verbally.
- Read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
- Basic understanding of laws governing access to public and private records.
- Follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Ability to change quickly with the needs of a growing company.
- Meet monthly team goals as set by the Department Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years post charge off recovery experience.
- Previous legal collection experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of skip tracing techniques.
- Basic computer skills required: Outlook, Excel and Word
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- High School or equivalent certificate required.
- At least 2 years of supervisory or lead experience required.
- Maintain a regular 8-hour shift in addition to mandatory Saturdays required based on business needs, and month end 12-hour mandatory shifts (shifts and days may vary) no exceptions.
Interested and qualified candidates please apply to the following link: https://www7.ultirecruit.com/CAS1008/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=315
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER