Get new similar jobs by email for
Big Data Architect
Big Data Architect needed --- Location: Centennial, Colorado
I am working with an excellent company and I am searching for a Big Data Architect. This position is located in Centennial, Colorado. This is a salaried position and requires a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. The salary is OPEN.
Act as Technical Lead, with backgrounds in development, engineering management and operations. In addition to big data, successful candidates are versed in related technologies including web and application servers, distributed logging, enterprise message busses, and search indexing system, databases and enterprise security systems:
· Provide architectural guidance with the ability to get hands on
· Focus on design, configuration and optimization
· Create processes frameworks, design and implementation of large scale data migration and data processing on Hadoop and related platforms using massively parallel processing programming techniques
· Provide strategic direction, evaluation and recommendation of products
· Mentor junior members of the analytics teams
· Work with the Data Warehouse, Information Security, Network, and Advisor teams to design and implement new business initiatives as related to data and analytics.
Must have Technical Skills and Experience
· 5-7 years of strong system design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed systems and products
· 1 to 2 years of good experience in working with Hadoop (HDFS and MapReduce) and related so called big data technologies like Spark, Pig, Hive, Mahout, Storm or Spark Streaming, Kafka, Giraph, Titan, HBase/Cassandra, and Zookeeper, Oozie
· Troubleshooting: The candidate must be able to engage in solving complex problems. Programming problems are a good example
· Databases: Advanced SQL knowledge a must; Good to have advanced data warehousing and MPP knowledge but it's not a must have
· Linux/Unix and system administration: Advanced Linux knowledge is a must; Understanding of shell, debugging things etc.; The candidate should be able to get their way around Linux and get things to work
· Networking and Hardware: Advanced networking and hardware knowledge required
· Programming: Strong in a JVM-based programming language - Java or Scala would be preferable. If not one of these two, the candidate must have a good handle on the language and display the ability to pick up Java or Scala. Experience on programming infrastructure management or automation tools is required.
· Big picture / High level architecture: The candidate must be able to think at a high level about the overall systems and goals of the projects.
Must-have Non-technical skills and Experience
· The biggest must-have skill is the passion and the ability to learn new things
· Leadership: This is an individual contributor role. However, this role will manage project technical team for delivering solutions that meet requirements
· Communication skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills – can communicate up to executive level; This comprises of clear and concise articulation of thoughts
· Cultural fit and team player: Candidates must be able to fit into the data and analytics team as well as be able to work with the internal and external teams during engagements; This needs them to be confident, backboned, and yet super flexible.
Good-to-have skills and Experience
· Knowledge in statistics and machine learning would be highly beneficial: The candidate should have a strong developed mentality with a focus on measuring and metrics
· Big picture / High level architecture: The candidate should be able to think at a high level about the overall systems and goals of the projects
· Background in ETL - Practical experience dealing with large ETL pipelines is a plus
· Large scale near real-time applications
· Distributed systems understanding
· Writing skills: the candidates need to write good documentation and are also encouraged to write blogs etc. to build their reputation in the industry
· Public speaking experience: we encourage people to participate in conferences.
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume to email@example.com and I will call back with more information. If you are working and/or not interested but might know of someone else that might be interested, please pass along this email and/or my contact information.
888-303-3603 (toll free)
GeoLogics is a 21 year old growing technical services company headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country. The Company provides software, IT and engineering services, mission critical solutions, and technical support primarily to the Defense and Aerospace industry, various agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development.
The GeoLogics Employee Benefits Program (EBP) reflects our abiding interest in and commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse workforce and providing financial security for both our employees and their families. GeoLogics offers an exceptionally competitive array of benefits for our employees, including: Health Insurance (w/ Dental & Vision), Life & Disability Insurance, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and a Retirement 401k Plan.
GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at: www.geologics.com