Get new similar jobs by email for
Mechanical Engineer(s) needed --- Location: Boeing, Redondo Beach, CA
US Citizen - active SSBI
I am working with Northrop and the manager is looking for Mechanical Engineers. This is a 6+ month contract. US Citizen, with active SSBI, only apply please. These positions are located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Shift: 1st Shift
Target Start Date: Apr 1, 2014
Requested Hourly Rate: to $70
Position involves a variety of design duties in the Mechanical Ground Systems Engineering (MGSE) group performing mechanical design and preparation of design layouts and fabrication drawings of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE). Mechanical ground hardware is used to support the integration, test and launch of spacecraft. In particular, the candidate shall support the design modeling and drawing efforts on program(s) utilizing CATIA V5 updating and/or creating layout drawings, fabrication drawings and engineering change orders while preparing and giving design reviews. Other tasks will include fabrication engineering liaison support, hardware testing, and related hardware acquisition tasks.
• Must have active SSBI
• Candidate must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of CATIA V5 (2000+ hours min), ASME (ANSI) Y14.5M - 2009, mechanical drafting and CAD modeling, and exposure to basic mechanical design and manufacturing practices
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 9 years’ experience preferred.
• Candidate should have competence in computer basics (e.g. Microsoft products) and possess excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and verbal & written communication skills.
• Desirable if the candidate has a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering (or a design-centric degree in a related engineering field -- e.g. Aerospace Engineering) from an accredited university and have a solid understanding of the mechanical engineering discipline
• Preferred if candidate has had previous MGSE design, fabrication & testing experience (better if the work was with TRW/NG in the past) along with manufacturing experience
• Candidate with a mechanical design aptitude and the ability to visualize design solutions is highly desirable
• Top candidate will have structural analysis capability with FEM S/W usage, and will have demonstrated a strong initiative, an ability to learn quickly and solve problems
If interested in learning more about these positions, please email your resume to email@example.com and I will call back with more information.
888-303-3603 (toll free)
GeoLogics is a 21 year old growing technical services company headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country. The Company provides software, IT and engineering services, mission critical solutions, and technical support primarily to the Defense and Aerospace industry, various agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development.
The GeoLogics Employee Benefits Program (EBP) reflects our abiding interest in and commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse workforce and providing financial security for both our employees and their families. GeoLogics offers an exceptionally competitive array of benefits for our employees, including: Health Insurance (w/ Dental & Vision), Life & Disability Insurance, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and a Retirement 401k Plan.
GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at: www.geologics.com