Get new similar jobs by email for
Compliance Engineer - Electric...
Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineeringservices helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking an experienced Compliance Electrical Engineer to support our service offerings in the Seattle/Auburn, WA area. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate within 50 miles of this area to be considered for this position.
Compliance Engineer - Electrical Equipment
Perform inspections and tests on electrical equipment to determine compliance with applicable codes and standards. Manage medium-sized projects including the supervising and coordination of any sub-contractor and client actives with limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform complex analysis and evaluative tasks necessary to complete equipment-labeling projects consistent with recognized industry and international standards, local jurisdiction requirements and Company procedures.
· Perform power system measurements and analysis utilizing various types of recording instruments.
· Perform routine field tests of electrical equipment and components.
· Perform job walks, develop man-hour estimates and pricing and promote sales of large labeling and equipment evaluation projects.
· Write detailed inspection reports that assist the electrical inspection jurisdiction having authority with installation approval.
• May perform all aspects of testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
• Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; doesn't blame others for his/her own mistakes or misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate of Electrical Technical School (ASEE, ASEET) or Military Equivalent and five years minimum, same or similar work experience. OR Graduate Engineer (BSEE, BSEET or other four-year Technical Degree) and two years minimum, same or similar work experience.
• Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards is required.
• Knowledge of industrial equipment standards.
• Knowledge of or experience with coordination of electrical system protective devices.
• Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems.
• Able to write detailed reports with few changes.
• Requires special skills to perform testing required for complex equipment labeling projects, medium voltage evaluation projects and a good aptitude for problem evaluation.
• Intermediate computer skills including modifying Microsoft Word templates and tables and writing AutoText entries. Competent on use of Internet and other electronic research mediums.
• Good verbal communication and report writing skills are essential.
• Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Frequently required to sit, and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal close vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift and/or move test equipment weighing 100 pounds.
• Valid Driver’s License.
We have made the decision not to provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. If you do not have valid authorization to work in the United States, or your current authorization will require sponsorship on the part of this company, you will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Emerson Network Power, Electrical Reliability Services is an equal opportunity employer with a written Affirmative Action plan. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Emerson is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.