Get new similar jobs by email for
Court Security Officer
COURT SECURITY OFFICER
MVM, Inc., a growing security government contractor, has a vacancy for a shared Court Security Officer (CSO) to work in the in the Wichita, Kansas location. Standard schedule is working minimum of 20 hours a week. Position requires being available and flexible to accommodate unplanned security schedules up to 40 hours/week.
The primary role of the CSO is to ensure the safety of all federal courts and court employees against unauthorized, illegal, and potentially life-threatening activities. Duties include:
· Enforces the District’s entry and identification system that includes operating security screening equipment for prohibited items;
· Uses security equipment, such as metal detectors and hand-held metal detectors; ensures all equipment is set to USMS standard settings.
· Manages and tests all alarms and control panels on a monthly basis.
· Patrols court facilities and grounds of the facility in accordance with applicable post orders.
· Works stationary posts as assigned and monitors closed circuit television, duress alarm systems and other security equipment, courtrooms, judge chambers, and jury rooms. (CSO does not monitor cellblocks or handle/escort prisoners.)
· Provides armed escort services for judges, court personnel, jurors, and other designated individuals.
· Directs traffic, controls lights on court facility properties, and monitors vehicles and pedestrians as defined in post orders.
· Provides courtroom security as requested by US Marshal; ensures closed courtrooms are secure.
· Turns over found “lost” articles to a designated court facility and completed a “Court Facility Incident Report” within 24 hours of the incident.
· Prepares daily reports and records of labor hours worked, accidents, fire, bomb threats, or unusual incidents or unlawful acts.
· Provides back-up support to Lead Court Security Officer as needed.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
· Be a citizen of the United States of America.
· Be at least 21 years of age.
· Be a high graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
· Must undergo and pass USMS suitability and background investigation requirements.
· Must undergo and pass USMS medical requirements.
· Be able to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
· Must have at least 3 years in the past 7 years of verifiable experience as a certified law enforcement officer with arrest authority or its military equivalency as verified through the applicant’s equivalency as verified on DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
· Must have completed or graduated from a certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy or program that provided instruction on the use of police powers in an armed capacity while dealing with the public. The certificate must be recognized by a Federal, state, county, local or military authority, and eligible for employment as a law enforcement officer.
· Must not have any felony convictions or any conviction related to a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
MVM offers a comprehensive pay and benefits package. Hourly rate for this shared CSO position is $20.79/hour. Qualified candidates should apply by sending their resume and law enforcement certificates and law enforcement experience in the last seven (7) yearsto: CSOKansas@mvminc.com