(4021734) Network Controller / Operator Associate - Scott Air Force Base, Illinois
Trace Systems is actively recruiting for a Network Controller / Operator Associate to support a contract at Scott Air Force Base in Illinois. The Contractor shall continuously execute network monitoring, and problem resolution processes (24x7), using Government furnished network management tools. Trouble Management includes, but is not limited to the following capabilities,
- Alarm Surveillance/Reporting,
- Incident Fault Analysis,
- Fault Isolation,
- Network Service Restoration and
- Fault Correction
Basic Qualifications:(Measurable/ required - functional skills, certifications, education etc. Applicant must meet all in order to be considered for this position.
Serves as technical specialist responsible for the monitoring, operating and managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN or DRSN networks. These includes
- data/voice communications equipment,
- multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches and PBX’s),
- data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, routers, 3270/SNA devices) and transmission media (such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned).
- Performs pro-active monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements which may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems.
Network Operations and Maintenance:
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Alarm surveillance,
- Fault management,
- Configuration management,
- LAN maintenance,
- Performance management.
Requires knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Crypto devices;
- Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc),
General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
Requires knowledge in one or more of the following devices/vendors:
- CISCO, Juniper, Nortel, Avaya or Marconi.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
Requires experience in one or more of the following,
Minimum Educational Requirement: High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Computer Science, IT, Electrical engineering preferred courses of study.
- Minimum three (3) years’ IT experience, preferably with DoD IT systems.
Qualifications (Desired) - Additional Qualifications: (not required but “nice to have”).
- CCNA or Network+ preferred but not required.
Clearance Requirement:active in scope Secret