Get new similar jobs by email for
Programmer Analyst Professiona...
PAE SCORE is actively searching for a Programmer Analyst Professional to support the Naval Air Station North Island,
Southern California Offshore Range (SCORE) Contract, San Diego, CA.
The Programmer Analyst will participate in the requirements planning process for software changes and will ensure that
SCORE mission objectives related to software and data accuracy and robustness is consistently met.
This incumbent will be responsible for one or a combination of the following:
- Programming and maintaining the SCORE Range Asset Management System (SCRAMS) databases.
- Programming, testing, and maintaining all tactical software used for exercises conducted on the Southern California
Offshore Range (SCORE).
- The Programmer Analyst will coordinate software changes and updates with the Technical Support Manager and
military and government personnel as may be required to support SCORE operational schedule.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or
customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Gathers information from the system, analyzes program and time requirements, and prepares documentation to
change existing programs.
- Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
- Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Identifies issues as appropriate.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and
remain current with industry standards.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
Candidate must have the ability to obtain an Interim Security Clearance (or transfer) in a timely manner, and maintain a US
Government (DoD) Secret Clearance for this position on the SCORE Contract.
Work Environment: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list or to the limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate, within
multiple domains and/or work site locations.
Education: Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, Mathematics, Systems Analysis, or similar
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in programming or testing
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Basic programming skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Four (4) years experience in data acquisition and data processing; or ORACLE database design, management and
administration using both Web and Windows User Interfaces.
- Experience in programming in C & C++ languages, JAVA, X11 and OSF MOTIF under LINUX and UNIX operating
systems; or Oracle database and user interface design, development, implementation, and maintenance using Oracle
design and development tools, PL/SQL, and PHP.
- Experience in software development, integration, and utilization in a system architecture.