The Responsibilities: Job Requirements
A Graphic Designer in this position may be expected to:
• Research technical concepts, translate them for communication to a diverse community of professionals
• Organize information and ideas for presentations and “sales” to internal functional groups
• Create concepts and presentations for external customers in order to solicit feedback and discussion
• Translate complete data into intuitive visual communications
• Develop graphic design communications for employee engagement and growth that support a customer centric culture
• Coordinate with external suppliers for print, interactive/web, and photography
• Develop new product branding in line with corporate brand guidelines
• Design “ideation” of user interface concepts, labeling, instructions for use, infographics, and more.
• Self-starter who works independently and drives quality results
• Comprehends user-centered design principles and is able to work well as part of a team
• Design skills such as concepting, research, low and high fidelity prototypes, and final product renderings.
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to clearly communicate and present designs and recommendations; and the ability to write clearly and comprehensively.
• Strong visual content problem solving skills
• Extreme attention to detail
• Passion for creating exceptional designs that can be interpreted by multiple audiences of different backgrounds.
• Experience gathering and interpreting client or customer feedback on design concepts.
• Current student in pursuit of BFA in Graphic Design or related degree with an applicable portfolio of work via professional or course/internship related.
• Must have proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
• Exceptional writing skills
• Competence with creating and editing multiple file formats
• A unique and consistent aesthetic
• Web design and UX/UI knowledge is a plus
Position is Part Time 20 hours a week.