15288 – Maintenance Supervisor – Houston, TX
Responsible for scheduling, supervision, work assignment, training, evaluation and safety of maintenance mechanics. Provides assistance to the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
* Directing activities of maintenance mechanics strong emphasis placed on employee development, performance expectations, and ensuring proper training as it relates to their job function.
* Maintaining positive employee relations by providing a people-oriented work environment designed to motivate employees and reduce turnover.
* Ensuring fast reaction & responses to repair calls/equipment breakdowns and timely repairs to minimize downtime.
* Actively participate in all plant safety initiatives and promotes safety and housekeeping initiatives.
* Installing, maintaining, repairing, and overhauling production equipment.
* Performing sanitary welding on equipment and food processing piping.
* Installing and maintaining electrical equipment/controls, circuits, and PLC.
* Troubleshooting identifying worn parts & rebuilding machine assemblies, pumps, meters, valves & valve actuators.
* Will start up & operate production machinery and equipment.
* Participation in facility maintenance and preventive maintenance programs.
* Strict adherence to all safety guidelines, rules, policies and procedures.
* Safe handling and use of various chemicals with strict adherence to Hazardous communication & MSDS requirements.
* Analyze electro-mechanical devices, trouble shoot failures and implement repairs
* Prepare and conduct timely employee performance evaluations according to Company standards.
* Communicates Safety, Quality, and Food Safety policies to all employees. Ensures such policies are applied by all employees.
* Supports food safety, quality and legality.
* Implement, support, and maintain quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
* Incorporate and support GMP's and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
* Implements and monitors overall production performance and quality standards and ensure objectives are established, documented, monitored, and reviewed. Ensure non-conformities identified in quality programs are addressed and corrected.
* Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field or technical/mechanical degree or a related field or equivalent education and experience.
* 5 years of related food experience to include at least 2 years at a Lead or Sr. Mechanic level.
* Strong knowledge of all governmental regulations concerning the operations, e.g. OSHA, FDA, HAACP, as well as good manufacturing practices for food processing facilities
All interested candidates apply directly at:
Scroll down to Req. ID; input # above; search; apply