Patient First is accepting applications for Medical Technologists/Medical Laboratory Technicians in the Waldorf, MD area. Patient First provides a friendly work environment that promotes a team oriented philosophy.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow the laboratory’s procedure for specimen collection, handling and processing, as well as test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of test results;
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies;
- Document all quality controls activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance;
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify Supervisor;
- Distribute laboratory stock as needed in laboratory and treatment area;
- Understand all checklists and be able to perform all duties on these checklists associated with the position;
- Adhere to the laboratory’s safety policies as defined by Patient First and OSHA.
Minimum Education & Other Requirements
Minimum education and professional requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum typing experience;
- Employee must be 18 years of age at least;
- High School graduate or equivalent;
- One year technician training in a formal training program;
- Minimum 60 semester hours from a regionally accredited college, including chemistry, biology, and medical laboratory techniques or an Associate Degree in chemistry, biology or related science; or
- Fifty week military Medical Laboratory Procedures course and meet qualifications for military enlisted occupational specialty of “Medical Laboratory Specialist".
- Bilingual a plus.
Patient First is an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent benefits package and competitive salary.
Please apply online at: