Intake Paralegal / Nurse Paralegal / Legal Nurse Consultant
Prominent, successful Center City Philadelphia based law firm is seeking a Nurse Paralegal or Legal Nurse Consultant to join their busy team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, highly successful firm. This firm handles complex Personal Injury, Catastrophic Injury, Wrongful Death and Medical Malpractice matters. Qualified candidates will have 5-10 years’ related medical and / or nurse experience.
As Legal Nurse Consultant / Medical Paralegal, you will provide your expertise during the intake and case development process.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Answering questions and concerns from prospective clients
- Reviewing submitted intake packets for completeness, coordinating with clients and other pertinent parties to obtain missing materials, and forwarding complete materials to appropriate departments
- Conducting fact research
- Communicating with clients and witnesses
- Reviewing records and examining client files
- Must be competent at reviewing medical records and have a solid understanding of medical terminology
The firm is offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and business casual working environment. This is a full time, direct hire, permanent position. For immediate CONFIDENTIAL consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume ASAP. Salary commensurate with experience.
Legal Nurse Consultant / Nurse Paralegal Job Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Legal Nurse Consultant, Nurse Paralegal or other related position.
- Expert knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to independently perform a variety of complex duties with limited supervision
- Empathetic listener and communicator
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime during busy periods