Senior Accountant | #14761
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Senior Accountant opportunity at our global headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
The successful candidate performs various accounting and recordkeeping duties and prepares financial statements for distribution in an accurate and timely manner. Under limited supervision, the Senior Accountant is counted on as a subject matter expert for a limited set of topics. This role prepares journal entries, various financial reports and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close and quarterly financial reporting. This position will provide assistance with external and internal audit examinations, maintain accurate and complete files in compliance with control procedures, perform reconciliations and analysis of various general ledger accounts, and assist with accounting related-projects and other special projects assigned by management, including internal control, process control and system improvement projects. This role strives to ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Design, operate, and maintain various department processes and systems
- Participate in developing and keeping department processes up to date; provide timely support of accounting calendar deadlines
- Consistently produce work product with a high level of accuracy that also provides clear explanation
- Maintain books and records in an audit-ready condition: organized, visible, clear and concise manner; support and respond to internal and external audit requests
- Provide guidance on various complex accounting transactions
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts and subsidiary records; analyze and complete complex accounting transactions
- Validate and review others’ work for accuracy and error correction
- Seek to optimize use of technology to improve efficiency and reduce waste
- Research proper accounting treatment and required disclosures
- Support and/or prepare required periodic financial reports for management and sections of financial reports
- Engage in cross training to ensure appropriate backups are in place and work instructions are documented
- Lead meetings and serve as back-up support for the manager, as needed
- Responsible for knowing and operating control procedures as assigned; maintain appropriate documentation to provide evidence of control effectiveness
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA or equivalent professional credential is preferred, including ongoing continuing professional education and maintaining an active license
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5 to 6 or more yearsof experience in accounting-related position; a combination of public accounting and international company experience is preferred
- Proven expertise with process improvement process alignment, and implementation of best practices
- Hands-on experience operating financial and reporting systems is highly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and data management software (SAP preferred); prior involvement with systems implementation or systems upgrade is a plus
- Able to complete responsibilities in a timely, professional and quality manner
- Solve problems analytically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles
- Familiarity with consolidations and financial statement and report preparation
- Ability to understand new accounting standards and assess the implications for the Company’s accounting policies and processes
- Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
- Set a good example of personal integrity
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge; learn from other team members and own mistakes
- Take initiative, seek and act on opportunities to improve organization performance
- Ability to translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals
- Available to work on site as required by job; eligible for infrequent domestic and international travel, up to two weeks’ duration.
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount’s global manufacturing and distribution footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and Pentruder. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.