For more information about driver and equipment operator career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-323-7483), Monday - Friday 7:00am - 7:00pm CST. Please have this 5 digit job ID ready – 51361.
Our Class A Driver will perform duties associated with picking up and transporting hazardous and non-hazardous waste from a customer site to our Clean Harbors location for segregation and disposal using vehicles such as Tanker, Vac, or Van while ensuring proper placarding, adhering to weight requirements, and completing pre- and post-trip inspections. The driver is also responsible for maintaing daily logs, time sheets, trip and dispatch reports as well as vehicle inspection reports. The physical requirements of the job include pushing, pulling, loading and unloading 55-Gallon drums. During the Spring and Summer months, they are expected to work up to 2 Saturdays per month to support local Household Hazardous Waste events.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies & processes and acting in a safe manner at all time;
- Loads and/or picks up hazardous and non-hazardous waste utilizing a tanker, van or tractor trailer;
- Transports the waste to a Clean Harbors facility or other disposal site in a safe and efficient manner;
- Ensures proper placarding of vehicles;
- Adheres to weights and ensures proper utilization of the units;
- Completes pre and post trip inspections and advises management on any required repairs;
- Completes and maintains daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports;
- Provides high levels of customer service to our client base.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.
- Class A CDL required
- Hazmat and Tanker endorsements preferred
- Minimum of 1-year previous driving experience;
- Experience with hazardous materials preferred;
- Ability to use a handheld device;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment.
Clean Harborsoffers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.