Get new similar jobs by email for
Global Marketing Manager
The Bentley Channel Group
The Global Marketing Manager-Food Market will be accountable for strategically leading and managing the life cycle of products and services in this segment. These responsibilities will include crafting a strategic plan, developing ideas for next generation products and services and driving profitable growth within this market segment worldwide.
Working collaboratively across the matrixed global organization, this position is expected to extend the current market share in the more developed markets and position the company for growth in emerging economies (i.e.: China, Brazil, India) while significantly expanding it’s global market position in this fast-growing Food segment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Global Marketing Manager, Food Market is accountable for approval and authorization of all Food market product enhancement and refinements to existing products in the plastic closure market. The challenge of this position is to create and implement marketing processes and to establish and implement marketing and product plans. The incumbent will also plan, organize, direct and monitor resources to:
• Define the direction and strategy of the product portfolio within company mission, objectives and policy
• Develop and implement one and five-year marketing and product plans
• Assume accountability for the overall profitability and profit growth of Food and Dairy markets
• Establish competitive position and advantage
• Provide leadership for planning and execution of global Food market initiatives
• Develop marketing and sales strategies to achieve required sales and financial results for the Food market.
• Provide company with a strong marketing competency.
• Manage programs and product delivery to meet all performance objectives and achieve yearly improvement in volume and profitability.
• Evaluate product effectiveness and recommend and implement changes based on evaluations, ensuring that programs and products exceed all quality standards.
• Track and analyze program or product line performance, including sales, quality, customer satisfaction, business impact, etc.
• Identify and implement strategy for realizing each stage of the product or program life cycle from introduction to retirement, including planned product reviews, and initiates enhancements and refinements of existing products.
• Maintain knowledge of leading competitor programs, products or services in managed areas.
• Present Stage 1 ideas to North American Project Approval Committee (PAC) for all new proposed development activities for the Food Market.
• Acquire and direct resources to achieve strategic objectives.
• Translate market research data to identify consumer and trade trends and assess market prospects.
• Set example for and drive quality management, focusing on understanding of customer requirements and developing products and services to meet those needs.
• Review business activity for product line profit achievement and adjust business and marketing plans as necessary.
• Establish pricing policy for products within Food market product portfolio.
• Coach and counsel development team members.
• Establish personal relationships with peers at key customers, suppliers, licensees and other business partners.
• Build networks and establish relationships with others outside the Company to stimulate creativity.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor Degree in Business/Marketing/Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Experience in the closures/packaging industry, the beverage industry, and/or other consumer packaged goods companies preferred. The application of sound business practices through the knowledge and understanding of internal structures of organizations and how the missions and goals of each functional area work together to support the overall mission and goals of the company is mandatory.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of closure development a plus. Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties. Demonstrated creativity and entrepreneurship. High ambition and motivation. Personally productive and self-managing; secure in one’s ability to make decisions and perform the job. Ability to adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands. High level of listening and communication skills. High level of planning and organizational skills. Very strong written communication skills. Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Position based in Indianapolis, IN. at Corporate Headquarters.
• Position requires periodic domestic and international travel - international travel will normally be a minimum of one week at a time.
• May require early morning and late evening conference calls due to time zone differences.