Gourmet Food Sales Associate
Job Title: Gourmet Food Sales Associate
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Sales Manager
Background Checks: Criminal
Drug Testing: Yes
Schedule: Schedule is set base on business needs
Salary Structure: Base plus Commission commensurate with performance and expense allowance
Salary Range: Competitive
Summary: Sells products for distributor to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail, establishments or individuals at place of business by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
· Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or by phone.
· Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
· Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
· Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
· Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
· Tracks stock levels.
· Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
· Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
· Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
· Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems.
· 1 - 5 years outside sales experience within the food industry (strongly desired, perishable foods preferred).
· High Energy and enthusiastic
· Past experience working as a Chef highly desired!
· College Degree desired
· Must live in Metro Area
The Chefs’ Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.