Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Help Desk Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA.
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Solutions Virtual Development Center, supporting the United States Postal Service on CODES. The Computerized On-Site Data Entry System (CODES) applications are custom applications developed and modified over the years to provide data collection for Statistical Programs. These applications are used to gather sample information as to the content, volume, composition of the mail stream and cost by product which are in turn used for many critical business functions.
This position will be under general supervision, responsible for receiving all user comments, questions, and complaints about software and systems utilized by the client. Support will be performed via telephone and remote system log on. This individual shall be capable of understanding the use of the application from a user perspective and capable of implementing software and hardware repair via remote log on. Ability to communicate clearly to a wide spectrum of users is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in solving problems within general guidelines, and applies a wide range of techniques and resources to detect, identify, and compensate for or eliminate problems.
• Documents the established procedures used to perform repetitive, but, complex tasks.
• Maintains comprehensive records of work performed.
• Operates personal computer terminals and LAN attached to workstations to perform job function and general clerical/administrative work.
• Provides technical assistance to the computer operations staff and user community, as needed.