Get new similar jobs by email for
· Review and make recommendations to enhance current line of herbal products, manufacturing equipment, product development processes and protocols.
· Research and formulate new liquid herbal extract and essential oil products.
· Review journals and collaborate with field experts to ensure thorough awareness of current herbal product research.
· Work with sales & marketing teams to identify and conduct product education events (i.e. in-store trainings, seminars, teleconferences, webinars, etc.).
· Work with marketing team to develop educational and product promotion material.
· Establish and document best-practice product development and manufacturing protocol, reports, and records.
· Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and safety protocol is followed.
· Provide guidance and direction to assigned technicians/operations personnel.
· Responsible for scale-up and knowledge transfer of new products to manufacturing.
· Strong ability to be self-directed, motivated and detail oriented.
· Perform additional functions as required.
· Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree; six months to one year related herbal experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience in herb and herbal extracts.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rule, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to use and understand production and inventory control software and standard office software such as spreadsheets, e-mail and word processors.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Requires overall knowledge of equipment, and production processes.
· Requires overall knowledge of manufacturing processes, material handling and measurement equipment.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee must exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color vision, and field of vision.