Get new similar jobs by email for
Wound Care Nurse
Visiting Nurse Association of Boston
Position Title: Community Health Nurse I & II Dept: Operations
Reports To: Manager of Patient Services Grade: N Step Scale
Supervise: N/A Job Code: 928,933,939,941,950,951,952,
Shift: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Cover, Per Diem, Per Visit
Purpose of Position: Provides nursing care to patients in their homes. Coordinates care with other agency staff, community resources, and the patient’s family.
· Acts as patient advocate.
· Establishes plan of care and problem list based on assessment.
· With the medical doctor, patient, and family; establishes joint goals and plans of care using Agency standards of care. Communicates regularly with physician.
· Evaluates patient/caregiver progress and goal achievement/outcome on a scheduled basis.
· Utilizes community resources as needed.
· Oversees care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurse and HHA’s.
· Integrates health promotion and disease prevention into practice.
6. Performs other duties as assigned and complies with all policies and procedures of the Agency and other regulators.
· Attends departmental and committee meetings.
· Participates in activities that enhance self-competence and the agency’s performance
Educational/Professional Requirements: Registered Nurse in Massachusetts. One year of medical/surgical experience in a sub-acute or acute care environment.
1. Standing; 2. Walking; 3. Sitting; 4. Lifting (0-100lbs); 5. Carrying; 6. Pushing; 7. Pulling;
8. Climbing; 9. Balancing; 10. Stooping; 11. Kneeling; 12. Crouching; 14. Reaching; 15. Handling; 16. Fingering; 17. Feeling; 18. Talking; 19. Hearing; 20. Taste/Smell; 21. Near acuity; Far acuity;
23. Depth Perception; 25. Color vision; 26. Field of vision; 27. Coordination of eye / hand / foot controls.
(Department Head) (Date)
(Vice President) (Date)
(Vice President of Human Resources) (Date)