Get new similar jobs by email for
Loader (Railcar Unloader)
Job Title: Loader (Railcar Unloader) - Krotz Springs, LA
Business Unit: SGS Petroleum Service Corporation
Type of Position: Non-exempt
Primary Responsibilities: This person safely loads and unloads material into and out of railcars or tank trucks.
Reporting to: SGS Site Supervisor
· Match loading schedule to bill of lading.
· Weigh railcar/truck in prior to product transfer.
· Fill out loading record.
· Insure that truck/railcar is positioned and secured at proper loading rack.
· Visually inspect the railcar or truck to be involved in the upcoming transfer in order to ensure that it is mechanically sound and there is no defective equipment before loading or unloading.
· Wear all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that insures maximum personal safety.
· Connect loading arm/hose.
· Check vessel for last product contained.
· Load railcar/truck according to loading instructions using gauges and/or strapping tables.
· Insure that outages or innages do not exceed Department of Transportation (DOT) certification for the particular vessel being loaded.
· Check weight of railcar/truck after loading to ensure that gross weight does not exceed regulations.
· Communicate with facility supervisor on any problems as they occur.
· Disconnect loading arm/hose, inspect for any leaks and complete required paperwork prior to releasing the railcar/truck.
· Complete any other duties that may be assigned in order to complete the job.
Ability to lift up to 100lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50lbs.of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Ability to climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps poles and the like. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear and have a good vision. Ability to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. High school diploma or equivalency.
In order to be considered, please view more information and apply on our website at www.pscjobs.com.