Company Overview: Philco Building Maintenance, Inc. is a full service commercial property maintenance company. Philco services include carpentry, painting, and landscaping, electrical, plumbing and porter services. Philco severs the five central bay area counties of Contra Costa, Alameda, Santa Clara, San Mateo and Solano.
Philco is currently seeking an experienced HR Director to facilitate all functions of the HR department. Responsibilities include recruitment and staffing; employee relations; policy and procedure review, development and administration; employee records management; benefit administration; employee training and development; safety program review, development and administration; and maintaining and enhancing the ownership culture in our organization.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing company values
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Investigate new technological avenues to process, track and organize Philco work (via internet, apps, etc.)
- Maintaina high level roster by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes
- Handle all workers’ comp. insurance claims. Workwith policyholders and insurance carriers to assess claims and ensure that workers’ compensation claims are resolved to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Preparenew employees for job by establishing and conducting new hire orientations and training programs
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management meetings with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors
- Maintain employee benefit programs; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; working with company insurance broker; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; writing up employees; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Process monthly gas and phone bills. Conduct audit to ensure charges reflect proper usages.
- Monitor all sick/vacation time for employees
- Train and audit all employee timesheets
- Keepemployee handbook updated and readable by those who do not have English as their first language.
- Maintain, process, file, track, and audit employee records
- Conduct surveillance on all employees to ensure they are working efficiently and following all company policies (ex: uniforms, safety, etc.)
- Acts as the head of safety. Develop safety programs, policies and training for all employees to provide a safe working environment and maintain compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) standards.
- Coordinate all Philco events
- Human Resources Director will have 3+ or more years’ experience asa Human Resources Manager.
- Thorough understanding of all functions of HR
- Experience in OSHA requirements or
- FMLA, Cal COBRA, EEOC, employee evaluation, compensation and benefits, negotiation of benefits and insurance agreements
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Philco offers a competitive salary based on experience
- Medical benefits
- Paid vacation