Arrow Fastener Company is a leader in manual, electric and brad nail fastening tools for the professional building trades, do-it-yourself and craft enthusiast markets. Founded in New York City in 1929, Arrow® quickly became synonymous with its heavy duty T50® staple gun and its full range of staples. Time tested for more than five decades, the Arrow T50® staple gun is the world's best-selling staple gun.
With its headquarters and main manufacturing facility based today in Saddle Brook, NJ, the company now markets a full line of manual and electric staplers, electric brad nail guns, glue guns, hammer tackers, rivet tools and related fastening supplies. Arrow Fastener maintains offices and distribution centers in the United States and Canada, and sells its products in over 40 countries around the world. Curenlty we are seeking to fill two Industrial Engineering positions at our corporate office and plant located in Northern NJ.
The primary results expected from the Industrial Engineer will be to design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
· Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
· 3+ years experience with metal fabricating OEM or related consumer manufacturing experience
Industrial Engineering experience including plant layouts
· Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma background is a big plus
· Experience with CAD design
· Solid presentation skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office porducts
· Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction