Get new similar jobs by email for
- Assists Center Director to ensure smooth operation of classroom.
- Teachers assist children and families by providing effective early childhood classroom experiences through developmentally appropriate learning environments, programs and lesson plans.
- Ensure compliance with all Early Childhood Education Performance Standards & NYS-OCFS Day Care Licensing Regulations.
- Teachers serve as a liaison between children, families, public schools and/or community agencies to ensure that children and families receive quality educational opportunities.
- Implements a developmentally appropriate Early Childhood Education curriculum and lesson plans.
- Prepares complete child education plans, accurate and timely assessments, progress notes and other required documentation according to regulations and agency standards.
- Cultivates positive relationships with children and families.
- Creates and maintains a safe, healthy educational environment ensuring adequate supervision of all indoor and outdoor activities.- Collaborates with children/families and assists in enrolling them in all eligible agency and community services.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field with 15 credits in Early Childhood and one (1) year of specific training and/or experience in infant care, or- A Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential with a Infant Toddler designation and one (1) year of specific training and/or experience in infant care.