Inside Sales Manager
Job Title: Inside Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Hanover, MD
Drug Testing: Required
Salary Structure: Competitive Salary
Background Checks: Criminal
Summary: Coach, lead, and mentor the Inside Sales/ Customer Service organization. Manage and communicate call center performance. Drive Productivity to Fuel Growth. Serve as Customer Service and Training Manager.
· Develop Daily Executional Planner for Each Inside Sales Representatives
· In Partnership with VP of Sales, Develop Strategic Monthly Promotional Calendar- Driving High Value Placements
· Manage Performance of Inside Sales team and Team Leaders
· Research potential leads, support outside sales reps where necessary
· Track and Manage the Process for courier requests (X’s & C’s)
· Manage special trucks
· Maintain active up-to-date call sheets for sales representatives
· Maintain communication with sales reps and management with important account information
· Manage schedule/payroll for your team
· Prepare orders via telephone, voicemail, email, text, fax
· Ensure accuracy of orders, shipment date, quantity, pricing, duplicates, etc.
· Upsell and suggest additional items over the phone
· Supervise daily work of inside sales team
· Provide support for outside sales team
· Credits, pick-ups, special requests, routing information, usage reports, sample requests, NSI’s
· Provide coverage when inside/outside sales representatives are absent (team specific)
· Insure team communicates professionally on the phone and in person with customer, vendors and fellow employees
· Builds and maintains customer relationships
· Anticipate customer needs my monitoring inventory control, holiday schedules, weather conditions, etc.
· Champion and lead the development of new Sales Representatives training and post training to insure success
· Work closely with Regional VP & Sales Managers on customer issue resolution
· Work with Customers to insure a reduction/elimination of Returned Orders
Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Staffing, Planning, Tracking Budget Expenses, Analyzing data, SOP Development, Traffic or Dispatching Experience a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to successfully perform each essential duty:
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
· A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
· Excellent people manager, open to direction and
· Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
· Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
· Ability to look at situations from several points of view
· Persuasive with details and facts
· Delegate responsibilities effectively
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field. A minimum of 5 years of Customer Service Management experience in Call Center environment, Transportation or Retail
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication. Ability to analyze numbers, patterns, and interpret reports, financials.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish patterns from facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong expertise using Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to use RoadNet GeoTab, AS400, is strongly desired
Certificates and Licenses:
Knowledge of Gourmet foods, HACCP and Food Warehousing, Audits
Experience supervising at least five or more employees. Able to accomplish customer service human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The Chefs’ Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.