TITLE: INTEGRATED CARE SPECIALIST/ NCCN* (RN)
*Funded by Partnership for Community Care
HOURS: M-F 8am – 5pm Full-time, Exempt
Hiring Salary: $44,500 - $ 50,250 (DOE)
The Integrated Care Specialist (P4CC) is responsible for the following (not an inclusive list, as additional duties may be assigned):
- Provides care coordination to Carolina Access II Medicaid enrollees primarily with mental health Abuse, and/or diagnosis of all ages as well as their families and service providers in order to link them with appropriate services and/or resources.
- Care coordination may involve a wide range of scenarios which require a wide array of potential responses including, but not limited to, informing, researching, linking, assessing need, reviewing documentation, phone communication, attendance at treatment team meetings, and consultation.
- Focuses attention on populations identified by Partnership for Community Care as High Cost and/or High Risk and Aged/Blind/Disabled and receiving Carolina Access II Medicaid in Rockingham County. Efforts will be made to coordinate between MCO network providers and Primary Care Physicians. Goal is to increase use of appropriate behavioral health services and routine medical services and to reduce inappropriate use of costly emergent services. Emphasis is on Quadrant 4 enrollees.
- Participates in required meetings and training for Nurse Case Managers with P4CC to maintain and develop system knowledge, skills, and understanding of position requirements.
- Develops relationships with community stakeholders to streamline service provision to enrollees and to use professional resources efficiently; contacts court system, law enforcement personnel, magistrates, homeless shelters and non-profit agencies within the community that interact with the MCO’s enrollees; coordinates community service planning and attends community stakeholder meetings.
- Provides interim short-term case management services to enrollees and assure service needs are appropriately addressed.
- Provides follow up to identified enrollees who are discharged from inpatient facilities and enrollees who utilize emergency services. Provides follow up to those enrollees who experience readmissions to inpatient facilities.
- Coordinates the collection, entry, maintenance, analysis and reporting of data associated with psychiatric treatment.
· Presents High Cost/High Risk cases and seeks feedback; assists other Care Coordinators with developing solutions for specific enrollee’s difficulties.
· Performs related tasks as assigned.
Registered Nurse licensed in the State of North Carolina and considerable experience in mental health/behavioral services, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of community based programs and eligibility criteria pertaining the mental health and substance abuse programs; thorough knowledge of the policies and practices of case management; skill in dealing with consumers and their families in a tactful manner; Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, along with good written communication skills required. Proficient in the use of personal computers, related software, hardware and peripheral equipment.
Submission of an original CenterPoint Human Services application is required. If an offer of employment is extended, official college transcripts and license verification must be submitted prior to beginning work. An application may be obtained from the website at www.cphs.org and submitted to:
CenterPoint Human Services
4045 University Parkway
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27106