PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Inbound Investment Specialist provides proactive guidance on investment solutions via a needs-based consultative selling approach to both current and prospective clients who have placed an inbound call to T. Rowe Price.
In responding to inbound calls from prospective clients on all TRP products and services, including small business retirement plans and 529 products, the Inbound Investment Specialist independently and proactively utilizes a consultative sales approach in order to move clients to action of investing with TRP. On every call, the Inbound Investment Specialist must effectively:
Provides creative solutions to the client by offering the appropriate/accurate:
• Account based on need
• Portfolio based on time horizon (verified by risk tolerance)
• Individual investment selection based on involvement level and current portfolio
• Constraints including disclaimers, fee disclosure, etc.
• The opportunity to earn client confidence every day
Helps investors reach financial goals utilizing our consultative sales process.
• Effectively utilizes consultative sales and Emotional Needs skills to flex to the client’s map. This includes Human Connection, Secondary Probes, Discovery, Active Listening, and Summary Statements
• Continuously strives to improve sales process including active participation in sales skill meetings and coaching
Creates value and earns client confidence as measured by client feedback on key drivers and attributes including:
• Providing objective guidance
• Ensuring client perceives adequate time was spent during the interaction
• Being knowledgeable
Serves as a key resource to Operations Associates on internal transfers on all TRP products, services, and investment tools and accepts internal transfers of calls during which the Inbound Investment Specialist follows the consultative selling model described above to help meet client needs (e.g. Personal Services Specialists, Service Specialists, etc.) and acquire assets to T. Rowe Price.
Through the consultative sales process, develops qualified referrals and leads for Advisory Services Group and the Investor Centers to differentiate the client experience.
Displays financial acumen and positions self as a resource for online tools, detailed fund information, market conditions, forms and procedures.
High School diploma or equivalent and 3 years related work experience, or Associate degree and 2 year related work experience, or College degree
Series 7 and 66 must be acquired within first 4 months in the role or employment will be terminated
Ability to sell TRP products and services and demonstrate an informed consultative sales process
In-depth knowledge of products, services, policies and TRP desktop applications
Advanced interpersonal communication skills (writing, speaking, presenting)
College Degree strongly preferred
2-3 years relevant sales or financial services experience
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer