Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. Incident Response/Cyber In...
Knowledge Consulting Group (KCG) is one of the largest privately held cybersecurity services firms in the United States; serving as a Federal Government Contractor and supporting Commercial customers. We operate as a trusted cyber advisor to our customers across the country. We take great pride in maintaining a single focus on being the leader in cybersecurity services, providing risk management, governance, operations, and compliance services, utilizing our CISO framework methodology. We are uniquely positioned as a trusted cyber advisor with over 90 percent of our cyber professionals holding security clearances and security-specific certifications. With over 12 years of experience in providing cybersecurity services to our customers, we have a strong record of past performance in advising and executing cyber missions for all types of organizations and sectors.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be able to pass a background investigation
Multi-disciplined senior-level Subject Matter Expert with extensive technical and programmatic leadership experience in the IT Security field with expertise developing and executing cyber security tasks, including security architecture, security policy, full life-cycle incident response, digital forensics, FISMA, INFOSEC analysis, incident response, vulnerability analysis, cyber intelligence, and critical infrastructure security and planning. The position requires experience managing a range of projects and tasks of various complexities through the process and execution lifecycle. The candidate should also demonstrate a robust familiarity with best practices in cyber security and knowledge of network security frameworks such as the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) reference models. The candidate should have understanding of the configuration of firewall and anti-virus settings and Access Control Lists, and of reconstructing cyber incidents using industry best practices.
Providing direct support to a financial services client by leading a team of engineers in handling cyber incidents from identification through eradication.
The candidate should be able to facilitate collaboration and problem solving across functional disciplines. The candidate should also have the following experience:
• 10 years of progressive experience in IT network security, and experience investigating and mitigating cyber incidents.
• Contractor must have excellent communication and writing skills the contractor may need to participate in meetings with senior agency officials.
• Certification: CISSP certification is required. CISA is preferred.
• Education: Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar degree.
• Assessing IT infrastructures and developing cyber incident response plans
• Previous experience with handling and processing of digital evidence to include imaging, chain of custody, and analysis
• Hands on experience with processing large data sets
• Familiarity with networking technologies and packet structure.
• Experience performing incident remediation and conducting IV&V that an iincidnt is contrained and/or eradicated.
• Experience evaluating and analyzing a cyber incident.
• Experience as a court recognized expert witness in the area of digital evidence collection / forensic investigations resulting from a reported cyber incident.
• Prior experience writing objective, accurate, and concise reports effectively communicating all findings to stakeholders.
• Experience in applying IT security best practices and federal regulations like FISMA.
Work location will be split between Reston, VA and Washington, DC.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly preferred. It is highly desired that candidates possess strong interpersonal skills. Candidates must be fluent in the English language.
Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Knowledge Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If interested in the position, please apply directly through our website:
If you have questions or have trouble applying, you may contact: email@example.com.