Get new similar jobs by email for
IT Business Analyst - Complian...
Since our founding in 1955, Federated Investors, Inc. has grown to become one of the nation’s largest investment managers, with assets under management of approximately $376 billion.
We have 135 domestic and international equity, fixed income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed account options. We deliver a diversified product line to financial intermediaries to help them reach a variety of investment goals for their clients. Product performance combined with breadth and innovation, have enabled Federated Investors to achieve substantial asset growth over its 58-year history.
For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 6522
POSITION TITLE: IT BUSINESS ANALYST – COMPLIANCE/OPERATIONS
DEPARTMENT: BISD-IMS BUSINESS ANALYSIS – Investment Management Compliance and Operations
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business or equivalent experience required
· Five to ten years systems analysis experience required
· Demonstrated problem solving abilities within an IT organization required
· Experience on multiple significant team-oriented systems projects required
· Experience working with relational databases writing Structured Query Language (SQL) required
· Experience working with MS Windows based applications required
· Two to four years of financial services or securities industry experience preferred
· Knowledge of mutual funds, securities, financial accounting and/or industry-standard
· Investment Book of Record (IBOR) preferred
· Knowledge of Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing tools preferred
· Solve business problems by performing business analysis, preparing specifications and/or designs, providing project management, and testing for relevant business process modifications, applications, and/or reporting enhancements.
· Work collaboratively with the business units (Investment Management Operations and Investment Management Compliance) to define business requirements and provide consultative support as needed regarding applications and business processes. The analysis could include a variety of operational functions such as: corporate actions, reconciliation of portfolio holdings to custodians, pricing, account and security setup, system interfaces and reporting functions.
· Evaluate business needs, recommending best fit solutions such as purchasing third-party software, integrating multiple software applications or repairing current applications
· Initiate and coordinate communication with BISD and business staff and management as required to facilitate the most effective and efficient solution to a problem
· Work with technical and development staff to conduct unit, system, and user acceptance testing. This includes developing and publishing test specifications, preparing test data, and creating user acceptance testing documents.
· Determine and prepare estimates.
· Prepare business and functional requirements documents and all other required documentation as outlined in Federated's Software Development Lifecycle Process.
· Provide hands-on support and training, as needed, to Compliance and Operations staff.
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to:
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.