Are you looking for a challenge and opportunity to make a difference in a growing company? This role is vital in making our processes and systems more efficient throughout the organization and we're looking for that someone who can champion that effort.
Oversee all elements of the business information technology needs, hardware, software and cloud. Develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the Integrated Business Software System (Chempax CS). Identify opportunities for improved efficiency and cost reduction. Ensure the protection, integrity and access to all critical data for internal and external employees and remote facilities.
- A self-motivated person with a clear vision and start to finish mindset.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude with the ability to effect change.
- Ensure that the Project Scope is driven by the business imperatives/client requirements of the organization.
- Ensure project documentation is consistent, coherent, and developed at an appropriate level of detail, and that changes are controlled to maintain consistency.
- Research and recommend process improvements, framework and methodology changes that leverage our resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an understanding of all features of each CS module and their impact on other modules.
- Analyze and develop understanding of how data flows through the system and apply that knowledge to the current business model.
- Identify and define system errors and/or deficiencies. Liaise with software developer to determine best path solutions and manage the priorities through collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate testing and implementation of system patches and upgrades leading a cross functional team of power users.
- Extract key business performance metrics from CS.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine areas of opportunity for increased efficiencies.
- Create written user documentation, instructions, and procedures for the purpose of training new employees and improving over-all user proficiency.
- Evaluate new technologies for potential implementation including development of business justification and project implementation planning, when appropriate.
- Utilizing in-house or external resources, manage the network and related hardware. Ensure that help-desk tasks are promptly addressed and resolved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Business Intelligence, Report Writing, Database Internet; Spreadsheet and Word Processing software. Previous experience working with Chempax CS is a plus.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Sciences and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.