Get new similar jobs by email for
IT Business Analyst
About Avery Dennison Corporation:
Avery Dennison is Everywhere You Look. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE:AVY) with sales of $6 billion in 2012. At Avery Dennison we not only embrace change… we drive it. We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks. Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas turn into action. We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests. At Avery Dennison we do what we love and love what we do. Do you love what you do? Come work with us.
The Business Analyst will participate in and lead ongoing advancement across all aspects of the Materials Group North America supply chain and ERP functions, facilitating continuous improvement across the business, providing system and process consulting, facilitating best practice sharing, and providing significant contributions as lead or team member in Division wide projects. The individual selected for this position is not here to maintain status quo or keep the lights on, but to play a key role in moving both the IT organization as well as the business forward through best practices, up to date knowledge of systems and technology, and outstanding customer service.
The ideal candidate will possess substantial practical functional knowledge in the areas of manufacturing and supply chain in addition to IT systems used to support these areas. Extensive business analysis skills and previous business facing roles are considered mandatory for this position. The functional scope of the role is the entire manufacturing operation, including aspects of supply chain, quality, procurement and distribution. You will work predominately in the ERP system and the processes it supports, with the expectation you have operational knowledge business functions around this.
This role will entail the follow types of activities and is an indication of what your expected work will entail:
• Elicit requirements using varied techniques suited to the situation, target audience, and constraints of the environment. These may include interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business scenarios, task, or workflow analysis
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver artifacts as appropriate. This may include but is not limited to business requirements documents or functional specifications, use cases/business scenarios, test cases, storyboards, interface requirements, data models,
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
• Act as a point of contact for local resources that have a need for support on process or systems. This will entail training users how to correctly utilize the tools at their disposal, as well as how to make process improvements without necessarily resorting to system changes or development.
• Act in the role of project manager for short term projects as the situation requires.
• Maintain open lines of communication among both IT and business teams located in the divisional head office, Corporate locations, and manufacturing sites.
• Be willing and able to travel up to 20% of your time as projects require
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelors degree in or related to an Engineering discipline, Information Technology, Supply Chain Management, or Business
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing operation
• Strong demonstrated analytical skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into both system and operational requirements with appropriate use of technology solutions
• Have the ability to learn rapidly and then put that knowledge to practical use
• Experience with ERP system operation and ideally implementation
• Demonstrated ability as a self-starter able to operate with limited direct supervision to define and develop concepts under either your line manager, or project managers
• Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing you to engage diverse individuals and teams from shop floor operations and subject matter experts through to management, both locally and remotely
• Strong analytical skills allowing you to actively seek out both issues and untapped opportunities for improvement
• Cultural and situational awareness enabling you to operate effectively in diverse organizational environments
Highly Valued Skills and Knowledge:
• A Master’s level degree
• Systems knowledge and experience in one or more of:
1. QAD MFG/Pro
2. SAP ERP products
3. Oracle ERP products
• APICS CPIM/CIRM/CSCP Certification
• IIBA CBAP Certification
• PMI PMP Certification
• Industry experience in rolled materials (paper, steel, etc.)
• Knowledge of one or more Software Development Life Cycles
• Knowledge of project management methodology and lifecycle
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Sigma concepts
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and 30,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. Headquartered in Pasadena, California, the company reported sales from continuing operations of $6 billion in 2012. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER