Get new similar jobs by email for
IT Desktop Support Technician
- Provides IT Desktop support to the relevant End-user community in the location/region based, this includes all desktop computing hardware and software and peripherals.
- Makes timely and accurate diagnosis of system related problems and determining between hardware, software and network related problems, and work in conjunction with the Global Service Desk and other IT operations/engineering groups to provide resolution.
- Will be required to lead problem resolution activities in order to get technology incidents and problems resolved.
- Will be expected to take ownership for assigned incidents and problems, and contact required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve the problem, with minimum supervision.
- Responds to request for service with experience and compliance in established time limits.
- Develops/maintains support document for use by all levels of support personnel as well as end-user documentation.
- Identifies and solves any problems that affect desktop computer operating systems and troubleshoots routine problems and maintenance of systems.
- Maintains other relevant computer peripheral devices such as Monitors, Printers, Video teleconferencing problems.
- Supports drive imaging for desktop/laptop systems.
- Incumbent is required to travel to client locations as needed
- Committed to all components of Corporate IT availability as they will act as both an incident and problem manager for any issues impacting our clients.
- Some shift work may be required and weekend work is needed for projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Spanish as a second language
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 1st/2nd level Corporate IT support, gained in a multi-site IT operations environment
- Proven experience of configuring and administrating servers, workstations/laptops and associated software
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, reliably and correctly
- Experience working on small projects and delivering against timelines.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Must be self-managed and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications capable of delivering at a senior level.
- Must have working knowledge across all the IT disciplines including hardware, software, and connectivity.
- Able to perform root cause analysis. Capable of proactively recommending effective courses of action, communicate resolution, policy and procedures to the various IT stakeholders, management, and end user population.
- Proven time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with clients.
- Must be dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and high level trust required by the client and IT teams for this position to be successful.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with remote teams in a fast paced environment
Preferred but not required:
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application installation and support
- Knowledge of server and network communications equipment, protocols (i.e. DNS and TCPIP), transmission media, security and network management practices
- Experience with Windows XP, windows 7 & 8, Server Operating systems 2003 (SBS), 2007, 2008 2011(SBS) 2012 and associated applications
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application support
- Experience supporting MAC OS and MAC hardware (Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro)