Get new similar jobs by email for
Customer Service/Software Supp...
Provide Level 1 customer support for Software Company's client base to troubleshoot problems and advise customer on the appropriate action.
Essential Duties to include
· Respond to requests for software support via phone and electronically
· Log/document all inquiries into the service management (ticketing) system of the help desk, with the goal of resolving as many on first contact as possible, but then escalating to the next level of support as necessary.
· Follow up on previously reported cases which have been escalated to other support teams to ensure they are being responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
· Research questions using available information resources.
· Advise user on appropriate action.
· Follow standard help desk procedures.
· Redirect problems to appropriate resource, identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
· Stay current with software information, changes and updates.
· Other administrative duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with skill and accuracy in a fast paced environment.
· Knowledge and experience of customer support practices.
· Associate degree minimum preferred, but prior work experience will be considered.
· Preferable work experience in a first level support role
· Experience in relevant Microsoft technologies including Office and SharePoint
· Experience in Connect wise service ticket software a plus
· Experience in IBM Power Series a plus
Additional Focus for Candidate
· Service oriented mentality with a strong customer focus
· Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of customers
· Strong problem solving skills with the ability to use sound judgment when escalating incident and problems.
· Must be able to work in a smoke-free drug-free workplace