Key Skillsets HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND SECURITY AND KNOWLEDGE OF HIPPA Healthcare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner Certified HIPPA professional. Not required but Any Security Cert. with Healthcare experience will work.
Job Description: Our client is currently seeking an IT security analyst. This person will work alongside the privacy and security officer as representatives on security and privacy matters to external organizations, including partners, carriers, assistance sites, and others. This individual will be expected to stay informed of evolving regulations, statues, threats, risks, technology, and recognized best practices and to regularly coordinate with counterparts at CMS, IRS, NIST, and other privacy and security authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing strategic plans linked to business objectives.
- Establish controls to support security and privacy policies and oversee their implementation.
- Evaluate overall Privacy and Security functions and recommend enhancements or changes.
- Interact and propose solutions to managers on operations and processes that are impacted by the privacy and security of information.
- Review and make recommendations for major contracts for privacy and security services and equipment.
- Facilitate development, design, and implementation of proposed updates, enhancements and new functionality so that enterprise privacy and security is maintained.
- Identify emerging privacy/security practices and technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the organization.
- Assess new technologies to determine potential value in the areas of privacy and security.
- Oversee ongoing improvements and the feasibility of system enhancements.
- Support the establishment of company infrastructure to support and guide individual divisions/departments/sites in IT efforts.
- Investigate privacy and security issues and complaints; work towards resolution.
- Participate in the Company Technology Change Management process; help review and approve changes.
- Assess new security threats and vulnerabilities and make recommendations on appropriate avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and execute IT security projects
- Coordinate response to information security incidents
Required Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS in a Business related field and/or equivalent years of experience working with and understanding the health insurance market.
- Current certification: CISSP, CISA, CISM, or similar preferred.
- Two + years CISO, Enterprise IT operations, or privacy/security consulting
- Experience with creation and implementation of FISMA or HIPAA compliant programs.
- Breadth of experience working in organizations across a spectrum of life-cycle stages including: start-ups, established, steady-state organizations; and organizations in transition.
- Strong vendor management, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Skilled across all areas of Information Security including: Operations, Physical, Network, OS, Application security.
- Working knowledge in the areas of: Firewalls, Encryption techniques, Single Sign On, TCP/IP and network administration/protocols
- Experience with,and a background in, PCI compliance a plus.
- Exposure to technology landscapes similar