For nearly three decades, SVB Financial Group and its subsidiaries, including Silicon Valley Bank, have been dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed. SVB Financial Group is a financial holding company that serves companies in the technology, life science, cleantech, venture capital, private equity and premium wine industries. Offering diversified financial services through Silicon Valley Bank, SVB Analytics, SVB Capital, and SVB Private Bank, SVB Financial Group provides clients with commercial, investment, international and private banking services. The company also offers funds management, broker-dealer transactions and asset management, as well as the added value of its knowledge and networks worldwide. Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB) operates through 26 offices in the U.S. and international operations in China, India, Israel and the United Kingdom. More information on the company can be found at www.svb.com.
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Banking services are provided by Silicon Valley Bank, a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. SVB Private Bank is a division of Silicon Valley Bank. SVB Financial Group is also a member of the Federal Reserve System.
IT Senior Software Engineer
Come join a growing, global commercial bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the core of everything we do.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the IT Senior Software Engineer will carry the role of a technical lead working closely with IT, business stakeholders and vendors/development partners on enterprise application development and integration projects.
- Architect, design and develop technical solutions that meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability providing realistic implementation schedules while adhering to company’s architectural standards and principles.
- Lead & train other developers (onsite and offshore) on a project to deliver results.
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval by Architecture Review Team.
- Design and develop enterprise solutions for specific business need that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
- Understand and contribute to Enterprise IT strategies.
- Understand compliance regulations and adhere to development guidelines.
- Work on several development initiatives concurrently and provide subject matter expertise in areas of enterprise web application development and execution.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or Finance/Accounting.
- 8+ years of experience in software development including 5+ years of experience in developing web applications in Microsoft ASP.NET with C#/.NET application framework.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft ASP.NET MVC framework.
- Knowledge and experience with RDBMSs (Oracle or MS SQL Server).
- Knowledge and prior experience in J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Servlets, EJB and JSP is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming, data structures and software design patterns.
- Ability to understand business drivers and processes as it relates to software development.
- Must be able to provide technical leadership (Architecture, Design, Development oversight) and team leadership (planning, collaboration, and conflict resolution, driving results) for medium (3 man-month) to large (>12 man-month) sized projects.
- Experience developing, enhancing and customizing configurable applications is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have proven experience managing teams of at least 2 to 5 developers.
- Prior experience with regulated financial organization is a plus.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile/SCRUM Methodologies in a distributed team environment is a plus.
Visit our website at www.svb.com.