Scope and Purpose of Position
Partner with other business units within the organization to ensure business needs are met, while developing and mentoring staff. Provide ongoing analysis and planning of LAN/WAN, making decisions for changes, upgrades, and new projects to facilitate meeting the dynamic needs for all MAI Companies’ (GLA, GSA, IA).
Tasks of the Position
- Provide leadership, development and guidance to the IT team.
- Develop, implement and oversee MAI Companies IT policies and procedures with direction from Director of Human Resources and Administration.
- Supervise the development of IT staff including cross training between specialties to reduce reliance on a single source.
- Assign projects and tasks to IT team.
- Supervise overall IT system development.
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives, such as Kaizen teams, KPI boards and Quarterly training.
- Ability to develop and implement processes and design process manuals.
- Provide performance reviews and administer discipline to staff as needed to ensure accountability.
- Provide operational support for the company’s IT infrastructure
- Work with partner and 3rd party providers of IT support.
- Provide support to end users, including LAN connectivity, hardware, software, and printing issues
- Serve as primary back-up for IT Specialists.
- Support QAD Specialist.
- Ensures business continuity and monitor delivery against service level agreements for various audiences
- Provide recommendations to Director for the development of processes, policies and procedures
- Assists with special projects, as required
- Supervises annual budget activities of IT area.
- Safety apparel (PPE) and uniform mandatory.
- Must be able to continuously lift 30 to 75 lbs., and occasionally carry a distance of 30 to 50 feet.
- Work assigned shift to include overtime, up to and including production Saturdays, shutdown days, and holidays as needed.
- Lead and support all company policies including ISO 9001 2008/ISO 14000 and QOS adherence (where applicable) and MAI Companies’ (GLA, GSA, IA) Associate Handbook and Safety Manual.
- Lead, participate and support activities within the Plant, to include 5S, Kaizen, Quick Hits, Six Sigma, and other related continuous improvement events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Good understanding of Windows servers and networking
- Proficient in Linux administration
- Previous experience managing an IT department and staff development
- Operations experience in a production environment
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT group
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to supervise multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
This position has four IT Specialists that are direct reports.
Qualification (Education / Training)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university and five years minimum experience.
We are only posting for this position. We do not accept unsolicited resumes!