Get new similar jobs by email for
IT Systems Administrator
Blue Wave Solutions Inc.
While working for clients Thousand Oaks Information Systems Command Center (ISCC), this position is responsible for the administration, architecture, and optimization of ISCC Monitoring Tools to minimize the impact of detected Information System outages to Amgen’s business operations.
Specific responsibilities include the creation of complex Monitoring Architectures under the direction of the clients Monitoring Architects to provide visibility to out of norm conditions in Amgen’s IS application and service delivery. These monitors can be related to a variety of IS technology types, applications, and services. This individual may meet with key stakeholders and IS subject matter experts to understand the delivery of business critical services and use this information to build and improve Monitoring Tool architectures.
• Administers the clients monitoring tools to maintain optimal performance and uptime.
• Creates complex Monitoring architectures utilizing the clients Monitoring Tool set under the direction of Amgen Monitoring Architect staff.
• May meet with key stakeholders and technology subject matter experts to understand IS Service delivery.
• Creates, maintains, and authors Amgen documentation related to Monitoring as requested.
• Utilizing continuous improvement methods, works with ISCC peers, ISCC management, and SME stakeholders to create and apply improvements to existing IS service Monitors.
• Works to apply automation to remediate common IS issues.
• Examines Monitoring reports to determine trends and baselines, and uses this information to drive improvements in there IS infrastructure and service delivery.
• Provide reports and data as required, both scheduled and ad-hoc.
• Provides support and consultation to remote locations or clients to minimize outage timeframes.
• Adheres to standard operating procedures.
• Monitors systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Deep knowledge and experience of the CA Spectrum tool set.
• Training and experience with other Monitoring Tools (CA eHealth, SCOM, and OEM preferred).
• In depth understanding and experience with SNMP is preferred, including Trap Mapping and MIB development.
• Training and experience configuring Cisco devices (CCNA preferred).
• Training and experience with database, storage, and current Operating Systems.
• Knowledge of J2EE, Middleware, and Application delivery.
• A minimum of 3 years of Network Operations Center (NOC) experience with a large, international company is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to apply extensive technical expertise to monitoring solutions, and has knowledge of other related business disciplines.
• Develops technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• ITIL training and experience desirable but not required.
• Experience with SNMP MIB development, trap mapping, and SNMP protocol configuration.
• Technical IS skills across a broad range of IS technologies.
• Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Understanding and application of business continuity principles and best-in-class techniques.
• Familiarity with biotech or pharmaceutical functions and underlying business processes.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate the business impact of service interruptions and degradations.
• Experience configuring multiple hardware and OS platforms.
• Application integration.
• Third Level troubleshooting.
• Understanding of Monitoring methods typically utilized for n-tier IS architectures.
SKILLS NEEDED TO BE SUCESSFUL:
• Proven ability to establish relationships and coordinate activity across varied customer groups.
• Proven ability to contribute effectively to teams with members based in remote, International locations.
• Excellent team interaction skills to work with diverse staff and clients including in a leadership role.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
• Ability to think strategically and help others stay focused on the appropriate level of detail.
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and appropriately based on audience with excellent facilitation and customer service skills.