Get new similar jobs by email for
Position Description:The Java Software Developer shall have extensive experience in software design, software development, program installations and system implementations. The incumbent shall maintain the computer systems and utilities for commercial and Government engagements. The incumbent shall have extensive experience to analyze customers' needs, design a quality proposal then develop these customized solutions to customer/user problems. The incumbent will establish system parameters and formats; ensure hardware/software compatibility; and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and configuration capabilities. The incumbent will develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective development processes, data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. The incumbent will be able to work productively as the sole developer on a project, and will be able to integrate with project teams. The incumbent will possess excellent written and spoken communications skills, and will be able to perform technical documentation, and user documentation.
· Databases: Two or more of: MySQL, Derby, or similar RDBMS
· IDEs: Eclipse
· Version control: One or more of: Subversion (SVN), Git, Mercurial
· Frameworks: Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JSP, Node.js, JUnit, Drools, Hibernate, Spring JDBC, Grails
· IDEs: RStudio
· Continuous Integration: Cruise Control, Jenkins, Maven
· Application Servers/Servlet Containers: Tomcat, Jetty· Experience: Experience in the Healthcare Domain
Education:BA/BS degree + 11 years of IT experience at various levels of development activities.