Get new similar jobs by email for
Our client is seeking a skilled and motivated professional to work as a software engineer, in support of web application development. The position is expected to last up to 1 year, but could be renewed for a 2nd year or brought on permanent.
Our teams of engineers work in a fast-paced, agile development environment developing a rich variety of inward and outward facing web applications. Our software engineering positions offer the chance to work with current technologies with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Our engineers work closely with other development disciplines, including Quality Assurance, Database Engineering, Interaction Design, and Program Management. They participate actively in projects, taking part in decisions affecting project scope, design, direction, readiness, etc. They demonstrate ownership and accountability. They regularly innovate and move the work forward as a team and individually.
Our client needs software engineers who are excited to learn new technology. We need professionals who are detail-oriented and motivated to develop and use new skills. Excellent communication skills are needed. Knowledge of how to choose the best tools and patterns is a must. The ability to prioritize in an agile environment is needed.
Desired Tools and Technologies Include:
· Object-Oriented development
· Java EE application development
· Spring MVC
· IDEs, (IntelliJ, Eclipse, etc.)
· Relational database-Oracle, SQL a plus
· Front end frameworks (such as AngularJS) a plus
· GWT a plus
· BS Degree in CS, CIS, MIS or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years experience developing Java/J2EE web applications
· Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
· Demonstrated experience showing self direction and adaptation in an agile environment.
· Must have participated in or provided leadership to a team of engineers through multiple releases of software.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.